1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Loosing consistency in dieting

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by LakshmiMohan, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    since November 1st i have not been having dinner i used to do this practise 2yrs ago then all of a sudden i started having dinner, but after my cousin bro's wedding my elder sis and i decided to have light dinners for a good health, so we are having soup and after an hour we have our fruit and its working out so fine and i sleep so well, i do not drink tea at night i have green tea.
    I am still practising this and it has made a difference since i want to lose my last 3 kg its taking time but i am reaching there i managed to fit into a skirt of mine that i bought in 2006 so i have to just lose a bit to fit in well.
    love
    alpa:cheers

1 person likes this.
  2. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Alpa,

You are always my fitness guru.Even I want to have light dinner.Today I made cabbage soup in the morning and kept in fridge so that I can have it in the afternoon.Today is the first day of challenge.Started the day with lemon and honey in hot water and then workout.Feeling so good and positive.The change that you see while doing in day which started with a workout cannot be expressed in words.Want to go back to 60 Kgs.Not so soon slowly but consistently.

1 person likes this.
  3. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Where are you?I cannot see a single post of yours today?

4. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Hi

I too wish to join this thread. From today. I am 70 kgs and would like to reduce 10 kgs. Count me in too.

1 person likes this.
  5. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi kma,

please join us

1 person likes this.
  6. srilathab

srilathab Silver IL'ite

Hi Alpa,

Thanks for a very good website.. got the recipes of other dishes as well

Today I started with the challenge and my preperations are..
    i already have oats, so bought some horse gram.. so need to plan to have it in my dishes from tomorrow.

I need to prepare some soups so planning to prepare them in the afternoon.

good luck to all of us :thumbsup

7. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Srilatha,

All the best.

8. srilathab

srilathab Silver IL'ite

HI frnz..

would like to share something with you all from my past experience..

While preparing chapati dough..

Along with the wheat flour, we can also add oats(dry roast and powder them), horse gram powder(dry roast and powder them) in 2:1:1 ratio.

As I am a southIndian, in my house almost 4 days in a week it will be idly, and 3 days it will be dosa, and during my weight loss challenge i dont want to eat idly and dosa daily .. and i cant eat oats porridge , so yesterday night i have experimented with oats, made oats idly.. and to my surprise it turned out to be yummy..

Dry roasted the oats, and wheat rava (2:1) ratio, grated some carrot and added 3tsp of curd, a pinch of baking soda(for the texture of normal idlies) and half cup of water. and prepared them as normal idlies.

And to my surprise it turned to be very tasty.. its like the normal rava idly.(but with a diff twist). As I dont want to eat our normal idlies tried this recipe and it turned to be very tasty.
    If anyone of you are also like me can try this..

1 person likes this.
  9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    thank you for the compliments, when making cabbage soup add more vegetables sometimes the cabbage tends to smell. Also make different soups everyday and also in your diet include cabbage like raw cabbage in your salad, cabbage really helps you in weight loss and at night an hour after your dinner have a fruit it really helps especially an apple.
    you will reach your ideal, slowly but surely and by doing this you will become more aware of what you are eating and also you will become patient as well.
    you are doing great, keep it up dear.
    love

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srilathab
    thank you dear. i need to know something sorry for my ignorance, what is horse gram? Also include mushrooms they are really good and feeling and low in calories.
    Try the hot and sour soup of tarla dalal in the chinese section also her manchurian and stir fried rice are really good i make them without using ajinomoto.
    I started using tarla dalal's books when i was 14yrs and she makde great stuff if you have kids try the macroni hot pot your kids will love it.
    love