1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Loose weight but I'm mother of 3months baby

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shiri, May 18, 2015.

1. shiri

shiri New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I came back this forum after so many years. I used read all threads and get used motivation with threads.

Recently I delivered baby girl. she is 3months old. After delivery lost 10pounds. I'm Breast feeding mom so gained 25pounds during this 3months with food... My mom says eat good for milk production. I eat rice lunch ,dinner and breakfast oats after 1hr I eat milk with 2white bread slice. Each feeding I feel to eat sweets sometimes I'll take one or two..Now I feel so heavy and want to loose weight without effecting her feeding ..plz friends suggest me any exercise or food control diet without effecting milk production..

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi @shiri,
    Welcome back to IL! Congrats on your new bundle of joy. Happy Parenting.

Breastfeeding in itself should not cause weight gain. It helps lose weight and get back in shape too. I did nurse both my kids for extended periods of time and understand the hunger pangs associated with breast feeding. I myself have had to eat a lot of calories to sustain my milk supply. That being said, breastfeeding in itself burns roughly about 500 cals per day so you should not be eating extra food beyond those calories. Even if you don't lose much nursing, you should never gain nursing. That means you are eating more than your body burns producing the milk.

I suggest you start by cutting out the sweets. Drink a lot of water. Eat a diet rich in protein and veggies. Try eating some rotis for dinner instead of rice both times. Even if you are eating rice, try to reduce the quantity a little and eat more of veggies, curd, etc. Exercise some portion control and you should see changes. Do not try and reduce a whole lot of food since it will impact your energy levels and milk supply.

Oats for breakfast is great. The bread and milk, try and substitute with other things. You can drink the milk but try to eat something healthier than the bread. Maybe some nuts or even an egg. I used to eat a laddoo that my friend's mom prepared which was very high in protein for my morning and evening snack. It is made for nursing moms and it made me full too.

I hope you are drinking a lot of water. Water is very essential for weight loss and for nursing moms. Nursing moms need to drink more than the recommended 8 cups of water a day. Any time I drank less, I produced less milk.

HTH,
    L