Looking out for a Cooking Maami

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Nandshyam, Sep 9, 2009.

1. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi, Welcome to IL.If you are keen on having a cooking mami, just go through your local free paper, like, adyar times, mambalam times, etc.You can find lots of agencies who can provide these services.But please verify before proceeding further, since many agencies tend to take innocent people for a ride.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nandu,

coming in late. these days you DO NOT get maami's willing to come and cook at home. the maami's charge from 500 to 1000 for cooking for special occasion and the menu. (for pondugal, shraddham). they feel 10 days for working on these occassion brings them the month's salary. so none of them are willing to go for cooking. you do get a few,but again they are not somebody about whom we can go oh..ahh...

recently a neighbours sister sent the cooking maami home, reason, the sister had asked for nice soft idli, and the maid had used some cooking soda to make it soft. the sister was giving those idli's to 1 years and 4 years.:rant

the best option is to find out people who are delivering lunch. most of the catering services do have that option. they do lunch/tiffin. lunch (with./without rice). nanganallur, you have these options.

but if you are still particular about a maami who follows all the traditions of patthu/pasai and other things, then you need to go by word of mouth..rather than ads /agencies(it is a great scam). ask your mil to as the catering services/nearby temples..they are the best sources.

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Nandu

Me too dropping in late .

There was a girl?lady who used to work for my sister. She is around 42... nice iyer family. good cook. Very trustworthy . since she reads and writes English and can also attend phone calls its an advantage.

let me come to the minus points now ... :) she will take three days off every third week.(unelss they dont mind her staying at home) and she wont even wash a single spoon. She will simply keep all the washing up for the maid to do .. also she prefers some place where she can stay.

I will PM you the number of the cook who was working with us all these years ... you may talk to her and see.. ( provided ofcourse your MIL doesnt mind an Iyengar cook )! :)

cheers

bhooma

4. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Hi
    As mentioned here it is very difficult to get iyer mamis for cooking nowadays.Most people struggle to find one and finally compromise with catering services or ordering in hotels.
    There is one Hotel Suswaad in T.Nagar taking orders
    One palakkad mama Hariharan runs catering services.Please pm me if you want the phone number.
    A mami from Trivandrum goes for cooking.Accommodation, food +5000 to 7000 /-
    Please check this too
    Hotel Sarvana Bhavan also takes orders on daily basis.
    Love
    Sreshta

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
  5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thanks much Bhooma :) I don't she minds, but not sure about paati, anyways gave her the number. Will keep you updated though .. Thanks again.

Thanks sreshta.

I have few right now from the friends here. Let's see if MIL is interested or not. Will surely bug if did not work out :)

Thanks !!!!

6. ramjhan

ramjhan New IL'ite

Can someone help me by giving me the details of a brahmin maami(cook) in westmambalam.. pls ASAP...

only deatils of iyer maami who is reliable.. i would be grateful if someone can help pls..

7. ramjhan

ramjhan New IL'ite

hI BHUVANA,

CAN U HELP ME ALSO WITH SOME BRAHMIN COOK MAAMI AM IN URGENT NEED.. LOCATION T NAGAR.. LET ME KNOW

8. MOMS

MOMS New IL'ite

Dear Sir,

We are from Moms Kitchen Catering Service, we read your add for your requirement for caterings. We prepare 200 varieties of dishes like south indian, north indian, chinese etc. We are sending our menu attachment kindly go thru the menu and for further details contact us: 9176312995 9884236723 or email us.

Thanks & Regards,

Daniel

Moms Kitchen.

9. Vkarthik

Vkarthik New IL'ite

Hi All,

I was looking for a Brahmin Iyer mami cook in chennai for devasam. Saw this old post, just incase, if you all found someone, please do pass their names and numbers.

Many thanks
    Vidya

10. SathSresh

SathSresh New IL'ite

Dear All, me tapping this thread quite quite late. We're also from T Nagar and looking for an Iyer mami for cooking. We take from Suswad once in a while, but don't feel it could be daily. We tried Lunchboxmc - didn't work out very well. Any body had luck finding a good resource? Will be tons grateful...