Looking out for a Cooking Maami

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Nandshyam, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hello Friends,

We are looking for a cooking maami. Iyer maami thaan vennum for my MIL. Iyer aathu cooking, so she should be aware of all the pre-requisites ;-)

Can you please recommend or pass on info about someone you know off?

Thanks a bunch.

BTW, Location - TNagar.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nandhs,
    now don''t wonder if I am applying for the post!:rotflNo!
    I just want to tell you that you are asking for the most difficult 'commodity' - samayal mami!!
    The 'going' rate for lady cooks for functions for about 6 hrs in a day & that too with an assistant for 'running errands' is Rs 550!!
    So nobody wants to take up a job on daily basis. Home caterers are the only choice left!:-( Not an easy choice at all!
    Love,
    chithra.

3. Nandshyam

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Appadiyaa :-( ..

hmm... ippo yosikanum enna panrathu nu:hide:.. She says she doesn't want to cook anymore, but her MIL, aamam paati and my FIL needs freshly prepared lunch and dinner and she is mad each day to cook.. :rant:rant

Thanks chitra amma... got to do something about it... SOON !!... am losing my hair on this.. :cry:

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Nandhu...

Chitra madam's words are true... !!

Another option is : If they are getting "Mambalam Times" or "Tnagar talk" then ask them to give a glance (thorough)... I remember seeing many advts. in those papers for such offers.

You may get a good "reliable" person.... okva...<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  5. Nandshyam

Thanks Gowri... paarka solren kandeepa

6. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

hi,

there are many women coning from adambakkam and nanganallur areas.u can check out with any of the friends in that areas.

deepa

7. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Nands,

I agree with CV. Caterers are the only bet. My periamma at kodambakkam used a catering service for sometime. But said it was so bad. As deeps says, there are some in nanganallur that I know of. West Mambalam will have some people too. Good luck!

8. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nandu,

I very much agree with chitra ma'm, and others..I also wanted to take a small break from cooking, and wanted to try catering.I stumbled upon 'Suswad', from whom I had availed of the services long time back.

The food is good, and authentic 'Iyerathu Samiyal'.The only adverse aspect is that they have a fixed menu for each day of the week, and Tuesday is a holiday.Apart from that , prominent festival days are also holidays, when you have to fend for yourselves.If you want I can PM thei phone number.BTW I live in T.Nagar too.:)

9. Nandshyam

thanks so much y'all...

Archana, can you pass me on those details if you can. That would be very helpful..

kaluputti.. mikka nandri.. ohh neengalum T.nagar.. sabash :mrgreen:... details iruntha inge sollungo.. will have my MIL get in contact ..

Thanks a bunch !!!

10. uppilibhuvana

uppilibhuvana New IL'ite

Hi,

This is bhuvana living in KK Nagar. Can anybody suggest a female brahmin cook for me please?

Thank you,
    Best Regards,
    Bhuvana