Looking for good quality Vanilla Extract in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by Vini K, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Hello IL Ladies,I am from Hyderabad(moved back from UK almost 2 yrs ago).I used to bake a lot while in UK,but I don't find good quality ingredients here in Hyderabad.The vanilla essence available here is the most hated thing for me right now..it is artificial,has no flavour and a different taste..I wonder if I can find good quality vanilla extract(made from vanilla beans as opposed to synthetic essences)
    Please help!

2. gandu

gandu New IL'ite

did u find a place in hyderabad where u can get vanilla extract ,do let me know ,even i want to buy

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I would suggest that if you cannot get vanilla extract there that you make it yourself. You need a small bottle of good quality vodka and just leave the scraped bean (put everything in the bottle...scrapings, pod, etc) in the vodka and leave it for several months. I have seen vanilla beans growing in south India so I know they are there somewhere available. Don't worry about the alcohol....it burns off when baking so you are not going to be drinking.

4. gandu

gandu New IL'ite

thank u soooo much dear

5. gandu

gandu New IL'ite

where can i get good vanilla extract in hyderabad

hello people ,how r u all ,i am new to this forum ,and have been living in hyderabad for a while ,i actually want to know where can i get vanilla extract in hyderabad