Looking For Friendz

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by MaCDreamy, Oct 14, 2016.

1. MaCDreamy

MaCDreamy New IL'ite

Hey All

I am newbie here.. I browse many forums here looking for friends. Post many threads also but dn,t got any Rpy..:(

So another attempt.. looking for simple and real bond of friendship.where we can chit chat abt any or everything.
    To begin let me introduce myself. I am from Pune and recently moved to California USA with my husband.. missing my Friends and people and country here badly.
    So looking forward to hear from you pretty girls and make freinfs..

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Macdreamy
    There are many threads in this forum where you can join others for chatting. Or you can even look for people here Indians in California

MaCDreamy likes this.
  3. MaCDreamy

MaCDreamy New IL'ite

Hi Arunarc
    Thanks for reply.. :)Yeah I am the exploring the site and thought of creating a thread on my own for the same.

4. VeraCynth8

VeraCynth8 New IL'ite

Hi, MaCDreamy.

I'm new to the site, too. But born and raised in the US (from Gujarat in Northern India, ethnically). Welcome to America! :) I know it can be overwhelming for new immigrants, so I highly recommend getting connected with the local community in California, too. I'm on the West Coast also, but farther north, in Oregon.

I recently relocated myself, for graduate school. Adjusting to a new place can be very difficult, even within the same country. I came to this site seeking to learn more about my ethnic heritage and Indian culture, spurred by the fact that the city I moved to is far less diverse than the big city I left behind.

Anyway, I'm also looking to make some new friends and learn here. :)

5. MaCDreamy

MaCDreamy New IL'ite

Hey Vera
    So good to hear from u..:)yeah m trying to get involve with local community here and exploring new things..
    What are u studying? I too have plans to study but its too expensive here.hope u enjoy Ur stay in new place. Share Ur experiences ..stay in touch..:)

VeraCynth8 likes this.
  6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

7. VeraCynth8

VeraCynth8 New IL'ite

Hey, MacDreamy. So sorry for the late reply! For some reason, I never got an email notification about your reply, so I thought this thread was dead...

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you got involved with your local community. I hope everything went well? I've been studying literature, but I've decided I need to see more of the world, so I'm traveling to Europe this summer. Very excited about that. :) Hoping to learn a lot about new cultures.

What about you? What do you plan to study?