1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for friends in Indianapolis/Greenwood, Indiana Area

Discussion in 'Indians in Indiana' started by srisha12345, Jan 6, 2016.

1. srisha12345

srisha12345 New IL'ite

Hi,

Looking for friends in the Indianapolis/Greenwood Area. Anyone from this area, do send me a reply or send me a private message to my inbox here, so that we can get in touch.

Thanks.

2. ag1

ag1 Senior IL'ite

Hi Check with the local temple and local Indian grocery stores in Indianapolis. They usually have local flyers about Desi events.....pujas, Diwali, concerts etc. When you attend I-2 of these events...you meet folks!!!! That I found very helpful when I first came to Muncie Indiana!

3. srisha12345

srisha12345 New IL'ite

Yes, thank you ag1, I have tried this and I continue to try this way to find the right friends. Finding friends this way is easy and just meeting friends and saying hi how r u and bye is one thing, but keeping the friendships alive and regular by both parties is what is a challenge. Finding like minded friends is not always easy. Sometimes friendship halts after one meeting even when the friendship gets along well. People give priorities to other things and say busy and keep social life to a minimum like in certain areas in usa, particularly the smaller areas, so this is why social life is less. No matter how friendly one is, if the other does not cooperate the friendship will not work and one has to keep looking till one finds the proper friends. Luck plays a part too sometimes.