1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for friends in Edmonton (Ladies)

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by ssjhingan, Jul 29, 2013.

1. goldiemaina

goldiemaina New IL'ite

Hi Keerthi,

I am Divya. My email I'd is divyakiranmaroju(attherateof)gmail(dot)com
    i tried to get an apartment in millwoods area but couldn't find one. We are moving thr due to my husband's new job, which is also close by to callingwood area and of course Edmonton mall :)
    Oh yeah, I heard winter is bitter thr so I started my winter shopping, starting from Burlington coat factory.
    looking forward for ur reply to my personal mail I'd.
    Bye.

2. kn543

kn543 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Divya

I have emailed you... let me know if you need any info :)

3. shruti1487

shruti1487 Bronze IL'ite

I guys I am also looking to make new friends...anyone interested? I moved here last year..have no family/friends.....please PM me..I'm from India. Background is Punjabi, though I grew in Delhi. I cannot speak Punjabi, but I can understand it..

4. Neha19

Neha19 New IL'ite

Hi Divya,
    This is Neha, I am relocating to Edmonton from Mumbai in June end with my husband and 3yr old son.
    Just went through your messages. Will need help from you guys regarding apartments and also with a good hospital as I am 25th weeks pregnant as of now.
    Thanks

5. kn543

kn543 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Neha, Millwoods is a very good area. You have the Grey Nuns hospital very close to the Millwoods transit center. You will have to check with a GP first and they will refer you to a Gyn. I think that is how it works. As you are 25 weeks pregnant would be better if you check with your friends. You have a lot of apartments in and around this area. I don't now about furnished ones. Check in kijiji.ca.

6. Neha19

Neha19 New IL'ite

Hi Keerti,
    Thanks for the info. I have no friends in edmonton. Can u help me with a GP and then may be i can be referred to a Gyn. We are looking for an apartment complex in Milwoods only so that grey nun is closer.
    Can u pls brief me more abt the process of choosing a gynay. Have gone thru websites and found few Gyn's working in Grey Nun Hospital.

7. kn543

kn543 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Neha,

There are many GP's around the Millwoods area. There are a few near the transit center itself. You can go to any primary clinic (walk-ins) and get a checkup with a GP and they would refer you to a Ob-Gyn. If you have already done some homework through the internet and have an idea on which Ob-gyn you want, I think you can request the GP to refer you to that Ob-gyn. You dont have to worry as you would definitely get a doctor, no matter what. Check out madison apartments in millwoods (google it). This apartment is right across the transit center. They update in their website about vacancies. It is under 10 minute walk to grey nuns.

8. Anju04

Anju04 New IL'ite

Hi Shruti,
    I am also looking for friends here,I hardly know few people here.I moved here last year from Calgary.I am from Jaipur and can speak Hindi and English.I have two lovely daughters 1& 3 grader.

Anju

9. Anju04

Anju04 New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    I am Anju ,my family moved to Edmonton last year. We are looking forward to make new friends.I am from Jaipur and I can speak Hindi and English. Looking forward for your reply.

10. Neha236

Neha236 New IL'ite

Hi lovely ladies,

I am Neha, my family is moving to Edmonton in coming August. I would love to make friends here. I have an 18th month old daughter. This is the first time I am moving out of India, so its bit scary for us.

I would like to know what all items I should carry from India. Also please let me know how is the cost of living there in Edmonton.

Thanks & Regards,
    Neha