1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for friends in Edmonton (Ladies)

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by ssjhingan, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ssjhingan

ssjhingan New IL'ite

Hello,

I am new to Edmonton. I recently moved here with my husband and know nobody here. I'm eagerly looking for friends. If anyone interested, please reply me here.

Thanks,
    Shruti

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013

2. ssjhingan

ssjhingan New IL'ite

Well I guess, no body is out there looking forward to make any friends....

3. inira

inira New IL'ite

Hi Shruti! I am also new to edmonton just shifted a month ago with family looking for friends. Thanks-Sona

4. goldiemaina

goldiemaina New IL'ite

Hi Sona,
    My name is Divya, I am also looking for friends. I live in US but I am moving to Edmonton next month with my family. Which part of India are you from? I am from Andhra Pradesh.

Looking for apartments as well. Which part of Edmonton do you think is safe?

5. inira

inira New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

I am from Mumbai. The south of the city is safe. I live in South east part, though the south west is also good. Millwoods is very nice locality here. You should like it as most Indians stay here. Lots of Indian stores and all. Though I have no personal experience, most people ask us to avoid the downtown and northern parts of the city. You can search apartments through Boardwalk. They have very clean and good buildings here. Go to their site and look up buildings. Start looking from now. One advantage I find here is you can get even 4 month lease so if you are not sure you can take small term. We shifted from Toronto and its difficult there to get anything less than a year. Hope this helps:)

Kjay likes this.
  6. goldiemaina

goldiemaina New IL'ite

Wow, I am so happy to see your reply. Thanks for the info Sona. I don't think the personal message of this board will work now for me, since it has some requirements. Is it possible we can talk more using our personal email id's ??
    A little about me and my family: We have been living in US for more than 8 years, and now moving to Edmonton next month since my husband has a job offer thr. I have an 18 month old daughter.

7. inira

inira New IL'ite

Hi Divya! Ya its really difficult to share any info on this forum. I think there are restrictions on sharin e-mail also thouh you can try mailing me at my user name (inira) at the rate mail dot com. Well I too have a kid though older than yours. Mine is a first grader. We also have been living abroad (not US) for about 8 years now. We shifted to canada a couple of years back though. I am totally new to Edmonton:) But I like the place. Take care.

8. kn543

kn543 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies

Im Keerthi. We moved to Edmonton in Mar,2013. We are from Chennai and stay in Millwoods area here. I did post a reply here earlier and it seems to have disappeared :) I have a 3 year old daughter who goes to a day care here. We lived in USA before coming here. Would love to make some new friends :)

Keerthi

9. goldiemaina

goldiemaina New IL'ite

Hi Keerthi,

sorry for the late reply, I just checked in.
    I will be moving to Edmonton on November 15, I just booked an apartment but its in callingwood area. I have an 18month old daughter. I will be moving from USA too. My hometown is Hyderabad.
    If its not a problem, can u please send me ur email I'd so we can catchup thr.
    Looking forward to make new friends.

10. kn543

kn543 Bronze IL'ite

Hi goldie, I tried to send you a private message but I dont have the option.. send me your email id and I will definitely contact you. Looks like you will be living in the West side of the side... a bit of drive from where I stay... But you will be staying pretty close to West Edmonton Mall so that must be good.

I see that you live in Tulsa, OK. We used to live in Dallas, TX. Does your husband have a job here already? Next month would be pretty cold.. better buy winter jackets from US when you come.