1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for CBSE schools in Coimbatore

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by svidya, Dec 22, 2015.

1. svidya

svidya New IL'ite

Dear Friends

we are planning to shift to coimbatore. Please advise us good schools in coimbatore and most importantly the language options..Since we are in Kuwait right now, my son have not studied tamil.. Is tamil mandatory in all the schools. Please reply... Thank you

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Which part of the city will you be staying in? How old are your kids? It doesn't make sense for young kids to travel from one part of the city to another just for schooling.

Have heard good reviews of CS Academy in Kovaipudur, Padma seshadri in Kavundampalayam, Vidyaniketan and Yuvabharathi. Chinmaya mission's school is also good although fees can be on the higher side.

Another school to look into (I totally love their philosophy) is Yellow Train.

I guess kids need to know Hindi or Tamil or Sanksrit. AFAIK all CBSE schools offer Hindi either as second or third language. A good idea is to call these schools and ask for yourself. It need not be a deal breaker though. Say you visit a school and like it, is near your home and it doesn't offer Tamil, yet you get in, go for it. You can always coach the kids for second language to passing level.

GOod luck with your search and do update us how it goes.

1 person likes this.
  3. svidya

svidya New IL'ite

Thank you for the feed back, Right now we are like .. can shift according to the school option.. My son is in 2nd right now. Hindi he is studying.. My worry is with the other language option. ..