1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Best Quality Hair Colors

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Emarald, Feb 15, 2019.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

A friend who is busy with work and kids does the henna treatment on Friday nights and sleeps with it.She wraps her scalp tightly probably like an Egyptian mummy and rinses in the morning.I have never tried this but yes you can google for tips on this one, if interested.Most of my friends who are into commercial hair colors for convenience sadly lost their hair density :( Like @shravs3 pointed there's no instant hair color with no side effects.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    shravs3 likes this.
  2. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I use Clairol Natural Instincts. The dark brown/warm brown shades look more natural on black hair than the black dye, which can make one look like a Goth. I have to cover a lot of grey so I leave the color on my roots for 45 minutes instead of the 10 minute instruction on the box. I pull through the rest of my hair for about 15 minutes. If you have very long or thick hair it helps to use 2 boxes of color. Since it is semipermanent it washes out gradually and looks more natural without the 'skunk line' you can get with permanent dyes.

4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Emerald, I am in the same boat and am recently looking into Asian brands ( Japanese and Korean) for hair coloring. With two kids ( and back to work ) it is difficult for me to do the henna routine for hours .
    Japanese and Korean brands are normally pretty good about quality and also into natural products. Not sure which one yet but will keep you posted.

5. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Thank u all. My other problem for using heena plus indigo is it gives me headache after one hour because hair becomes dry and pull from head. To get good color I have to keep for 4 or 5 hours. That gives so much head ache