1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for apartments with Indian Families in Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Honey26309, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Honey26309

Honey26309 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We are planning to move to Atlanta, GA from Pittsburgh in a month's time ..
    Can anyone help me in finding good apartments with Indian Families (with kids)
    My son is 3.5 years old .. So i would also prefer the neighborhood close to preschools and elementary school ..
    As far for now, i've found dunwoody area to be familiar .. But which apartment is really good in that area ...
    It wud be grateful if someone could help me clarify all my doubts :)

Thanks in advance :)

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Honey,

It would be better if you take up an apartment closer to your workplace or your DH's work. The traffic here is bad. Alpharetta, Cumming, Marietta , Dunwoody / Sandy Springs are few areas where indian population is there. You can get good indian-friendly apartments here.

3. Honey26309

Honey26309 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Ranchu,

My Hubby's work area zipcode might be 30328 .. Not yet confirmed !!
    For now, planning to look in Dunwoody/sandysprings .. Hope i'm looking in right area !! making sure that apartment should be comfortable for commuting both to office as well as a preschool ..
    I'm so much confused in selecting apartments from rent and apartment ratings website. Coz all the apartments have both pros and cons .. So i thought it would be better to get suggestions from people living in that place already.
    Are Dunwoody Gables and Point at Perimeter apartments good ??
    Do we have to take 2 BHK apartment if we have a kid ??

Any idea whether any preschools would have openings if i come there in december .. If you have any friends with preschool going kids, pls help me in school factor too .. Can i hold on admissions by calling the schools directly .. Pls suggest me good preschools there ... I have lots of questions in my mind, so confused, pls help me ..

Thanks in advance

4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

We just moved from Sandysprings30328 to Pittsburgh a week ago...we miss that place..lots of apartments are occupied with indians in Dunwoody, shopping is too good...my kid used goto Goddard preschool in Hammond Drive, there are many you can explore after reaching that place...

By the way where r you in pittsburgh?

Good luck
    Sravani

5. sravanitenali

6. Honey26309

Honey26309 New IL'ite

Nice of u Sravani .. Thanks for info ..
    V are in crane village apartments, 15220 .. Have u guys already got apartment here .. which area are u looking for ?? may be i can help u if u have not found one .. Crane village apartments have few Indian families around .. Its a nice place and we love it here .. My kid has a bunch of friends and preschool is also nearby ..

sravani, do u have any idea about good movers and packers ?? if so pls suggest the same !!

Goodluck

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  7. sravanitenali

Hi Honey....we just moved to crane village early this week....

we moved our luggage with United van lines..their service is quite satisfactory...they will lock our luggage in exclusive container and will open only at destination...they will do packing as well but will charge for that separately

Good Luck
    Sravani

8. Honey26309

Honey26309 New IL'ite

Hi Sravani,

Nice to hear that .. U will soon find friends here once it is April, coz of the winter period ... I'm sure ur kid will have lots of friends here ..

Hey can u do me a favor, do u know any apartments in 30328 with Indians around .. I thought it wud be nice if my kid also wil have Indian friends around to play with .. If u know any apts like tat, pls suggest me Sravani :) Thanks for letting me know bout the Movers too .

Good luck
    Honey

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. Prashansa

Prashansa New IL'ite

Hi Honey,
    We also recently moved to Atlanta from PA. my husband's works in the same area 30328 so we visited lots of apartments here.
    If you are looking for looooooots of Indian families i suggest you to visit Dunwoody Station very very close to
    North Spring MARTA station so if you don't drive you will not have any commutation issues. I am not sure about the schools but as seen on google map there are 4-5 schools within 2 miles from the apartment. Make sure you choose the apt close to your hubby's office b'coz traffic is worst here sometimes(particularly during office hrs like 5:00 pm) it takes more then 15-20 min to travel even 2 mi.

Other then Dunwoody sations there are lots of apartment on Peachtree Dunwoody rd here are few names Dunwoody courtyard,dunwoody Ridge, Dunwoody place,Spalding springs,Hawthrone gates they are full of indians.
    These apartments are close (max 4 mi) to Grocery (including indian) ,shopping malls and public commutation .

Good Luck

10. sravanitenali

Hi Honey...

PLs check this below link...apts info given in this link are having lot of indian population
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...tlanta-need-help-apartment-2.html#post2274731

And also there is a third party company called PROMOVE in Rosewell rd, they will help us finding apartments by telling pros and cons of each apts and they will eliminate junk apts as well...they will do this service for FREE...they will take referrel fee from apartment owners..

http://www.promove.com/?SRC=Google&CAT=ProMove+-+US_ProMove&SCAT=promove%20atlanta&gclid=CLnxttjL5bMCFVCd4Aod6EEA9g

The above is the link for promove...we approached them and found good apartment..

As above poster mentioned Dunwoody station is very near to dunwoody MARTA station but as ur DH works in 30328 can commute using car itself, i guess.

There is a apartment name Parc at Perimeter...with Indian population in Peachtree-Dunwoody rd..Goddard preschool is below half a mile.

Hope this helps

Goodluck
    Sravani