Look Up To The Leaning Marvel Of Italy

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Anusowmyan, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

Italy is a beautiful country in the continent of Europe and home to the two world wonders. The Leaning tower of Pisa is situated in the city of pisa in central Italy. This architectural master piece dates back to Middle Ages. It took 200 years to build and soon after it was completed it began to tilt and now leans at about a 4 degree angle, making the top of the tower roughly 4 meters off centre at the base.

Pisa is a perfect tourist destination with many opportunities to explore and immerse in nature. Apart from bell tower, there are many historic churches, palaces and stunning bridges crossing the river Arno.

Pisa to its credit stands as the birth place of world renowned astronomer Galileo. The city’s university was established in 1338 and higher learning institution called SCUOLA NORMALE SUPERIORE dates back to 1813.

Pisa is a city with ample holiday packages because of more open space and proximity to the sea. The stunning country side of TUSCANY and famous sites in Northern Tuscany such as LUCCA is close to the city of Pisa.

Within the city, the must visit are: Europe’s oldest botanical garden, orto botanico, opened in 1544 is recently renovated and The San Rossore National Park is a protected area of about 24 hectares from Viareggio to Livorno. Tourist can go around by foot, cycle, train or by horse drawn carriage.

Famous for vineyards THE PISAN HILLS are one of the most beautiful regions of TUSCANY. Pisa is also less than an hour away from MONTECATINI TERME, the largest spa town in Tuscany and one of the better known in Italy.

Tourist can around the city by foot as the city of Pisa is actually small enough. Bus terminal and railway stations are also available. Coastal areas like Marina di pisa and Tirrenia can be easily reached by car. Pisa’s central location is also helpful in reaching to points like Volterra San Gimignano, San Miniato and Florence.

Corso Italia and Borgo Stretto are main shopping zones. Oil paintings and historical books are star attractions in the shops. For foodies, Tuscan truffles, especially in autumn, city of pisa is best place to taste this world famous dish.

Italy is well connected by Air from around the world and so, don’t miss to LOOK UP TO THE LEANING MARVEL OF ITALY.

HazelPup and goldenhoney87 like this.

2. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Florence is also a beautiful place to visit

HazelPup likes this.
  3. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

quite true.! thanks for the reply.

4. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

My Italy memory has considerably eroded but for a revelation incidental to Pisa.

I expected the Pisa Square to be swarming with tourists jostling to enter the premises, barricades, but it was the least crowded for its iconic status in the Italian sojourn. Surrounded by droopy tourists with a smaller in reality Bell Tower, I had intense cravings for Indian food partway into my Italian itinerary. Had it been Rome or Venice, I could duck into any neon-lit Indian mangled name but where will I barge into for Indian sensations in Pisa. Inquired around, and to my astonishment, Pisa has many Indian restaurants. I landed at a dapper eatery whose menu boasted tikkas and makhnis. Moo-AH! Indian food in Pisa is not just competent but fabulous. Take my word, enliven the quietude of Pisa with a hearty Indian meal for the native lust in your appetite. The Indian culinary in Pisa won't upset you.

Though mine was a rushed through country-sweeping holiday, hopping around cities, when it comes to Italy, recommend to focus on a city and soak up the endemic culture. Choose Rome or Venice or any provincial town to stay put for a week and scoop up the gastronomical delights and cultural activity of the precinct.

The whole of Italy is amenable to exploratory walk, so pack good shoes and trot around to your heart's fancy. It is safe for solo travelers. It is friendly in gestures in cafes. The sundown is famed. The nightfall is bracing. Arno river is your companion. One country with aplenty offerings to suit all your historical and sporty and romantic getaways. (Don't miss the Vatican City.)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Venice, staged tourist spot. The most overrated place in Italy. Personally, I thought it is same as Las Vegas - Venetian hotel setup in a larger scale. Looked totally abandoned place, suddenly swarmed by tourists dumped from multiple Cruises.

Florence , enjoyed it very much, felt most relaxed. Food was amazing in Italy, even in the smallest place we ate, it was the best.

6. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

thanks for the reply