1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lonely And Depressed

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by skalluri, May 21, 2017.

1. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

I guess every person can relate to what you have posted ...it's really something. ..

Most of use like me don't know how to collect those feelings and open up about them and when I do I become very emotional and male the situation worse...ye dialog I hear " don't be so dramatic it's not a movie:

skalluri and sindmani like this.
  2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Anti depressants could help. Many of them cost less than the cost of a soft-drink or pan a day.

SGBV and sindmani like this.
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Nice one

MNR and iamsrihere like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

That moment when everyone, everything around you seems positive except you is a sign of depression.
    Depression can happen to anyone for any given reason. But it is curable, and with medication and life style changes you can feel better very soon.

Having said that, what you have written above is not strange, but true. All of us have passed "that moment" somewhere in our lives. But it doesn't stop us from living or making peace with that.

If I am to think my life the way you have narrated, I have a big list to write here.
    Sometimes biggest reasons such as why my father died when all my friends have their father living with them?
    Why I am sick and forced to live with medicines when all my friends are free from such sickness/pains
    Why I had to give up my career to settle with something I don't like, when my peers are enjoying that great career
    Why my co-sisters are accepted easily by PILs when I had a hard time battling with them in the past
    and the list has no end.
    But I chose to see the positives around me. For each action, there is a reaction too.
    My dad died, but he died peacefully and we are healed quickly and mom is alive and we are a complete family now
    I am sick, but my sickness is not something deadly. I am rich enough to get the medication and live with this
    My new career is not great, but I am free to get out of this and find my preferred career right now
    My co-sis were lucky to enter their wedlock easily, but they struggle with TTC and other stuff with pain. While my struggles were all past, and I am happily settled.

So, there is always some positivity around. Just that how you chose to see them.

sindmani likes this.
  5. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

If you are experiencing these for more than 2 weeks, please get in touch with a Psychiatrist, you may be going through depression.
    You will need medication and therapy and will feel better soon.
    Pain areas: in the back
    Mood: anxiety, apathy, general discontent, guilt, hopelessness, loneliness, loss of interest, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, mood swings, panic attack, sadness, or emotional distress
    Behavioural: agitation, excessive crying, irritability, restlessness, self-harm, or social isolation
    Sleep: early awakening, excess sleepiness, insomnia, or restless sleep
    Whole body: excessive hunger, fatigue, or loss of appetite
    Cognitive: lack of concentration, slowness in activity, or thoughts of suicide
    Psychological: depression or repeatedly going over thoughts
    Also common: constipation, headache, poor appetite, substance abuse, or weight loss

Hugs to you and all the best.

sindmani and BhumiBabe like this.
  6. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

thanks for stopping by and giving your response.. life gives surprising turns which we don't expect.

sindmani likes this.
  7. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Yes I realized it... some of the close friends also become clueless when it really comes to support a friend. Yes it is one of the hardest thing, it needs kindness, compassion, patience, empathy to listen. It pains when they distance during your times of need, but it is life.. . learn something and move on... that's what I am trying to do.

sindmani likes this.
  8. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

thanks . that helps.

sindmani likes this.
  9. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

yes this is what I need to take it seriously. I live in USA and it is hard to find orphanages. may be I need to find senior living communities and help them.

sindmani likes this.
  10. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

thanks for stopping by and responding. Hugs to you. good luck.

sindmani likes this.