1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Loitering Neighbor

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by abcd5, Jun 16, 2018.

1. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

My apartment neighbor with friends standing outside my front door/living room every single day from 5pm-8.30pm. My apartment has the separate entrance, and they have enough space to stand in front of their residence. What would you do if you were in my place in this situation?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018

2. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

I can understand how much annoying it could be if it's daily.
    1) if you're living abroad , you can inform leasing office, and they will stick notice/ call wothout disclosing your name to the concerned people/neighbor
    2) 5.30 to 8 it's 2.5 hrs, I wonder how they have so much time to stand long hours also if standing with other neighbors they can be talking.daily 2.5 hrs is too much.
    3) if you're in good relationship with neighbor can politely tell , it's being noisy in evenings. This can work if the neighbor is non-indian.
    4) on a lighter note,
    -- keep trash outside the door for few days (don't mind front door) ,
    --keep potted plants outside in a way they can't stand,
    --while cooking dinner (esp tadka) open the front door.
    --Stick a "buri naazar wale thera muuh kaala" statue with words in front door.
    5) I'm assuming the neighbor is not a lady and others also group of men. You can very well tell thru your husband, it's quite simple. But if the group is ladies do the things from step 1,4.

sindmani, abcd5 and shravs3 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That’s like 3 hours?Don't they have kids or a family to go back home to?

Wow..

Honestly,the best way is to tell them in a polite manner that it gets bit noisy..

The above poster has given a good answer..

In all honesty,those people might not even realize that they are disturbing and probably assumed no one is at home or they are working outside.

Just smile and tell them that it’s a bit noisy

abcd5 likes this.
  4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Can u hang "do not disturb" or "please maintain silence" or. "Please respect our privacy" or "Pls do not make noise" boards on the door and observe what do they do. Is this not a good idea to express this politely? Even after this if they make noise it means they may be doing purposely.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  5. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Vedhavali, Anika, and Sweety. My neighbor is an Indian lady, and she is pregnant that is why we didn't say anything but every single day they are irritation us. They have enough space to stand in front of their apartment, but I don't know why they are not doing it. All the ladies speak the same regional language, and I don't know that language, so I never spoke with them. Once again thanks for your ideas.

6. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Implement the ideas... It might work.
    How can a preg lady stand for 2.30 hrs ?
    No work at home? To make dinner or watch TV.
    Maybe you should ask one day evening casually that when you people cook dinner?
    I can understand how much frustrated you are.

abcd5, shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  7. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

Mostly she sits on a plastic chair, and others stand. Yesterday my husband told her husband, and quickly they moved to their side. Here winters are very harsh, so these are the only few months everyone can enjoy outside activities. Thanks

Vedhavalli likes this.