1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

LO is allergic for bore well water

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Shashi Nadig, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Shashi Nadig

Shashi Nadig New IL'ite

Recently we shifted to our new apt. here for bathrooms v ve bore well connections. My DS skin was fine and healthy till we were in other house. There, we had corporation water connection.
    His skin has become very very dry and has rashes on his face (it’s blackish) and other parts of body too. I feel so sad to see him like tis. It’s not itchy, as he is comfortable. 15 days I tried giving him bath in my aunt’s place. She stays nearby and has corporation water connection. His skin became much better. But depending on her and troubling her every day is not good on my part. I started giving him bath in my place again. Rashes have increased. It’s very dark on his cheeks and legs. I apply coconut oil and massage him. Also we have marble flooring. And he is always on floor. Even though I use mat/carpet, he will never be on that. He crawls and wants to be on floor all the time and play.
    His pead is on vacation. Plz help me. What is the solution for this?

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Is there high sedimentation in the bore well water? DS gets rashes with borewell water in our place too. We found that iron content and sediments were high in our area. We added a filter to the taps, collected water in a bucket, let the water settle and decant the top part into another bucket. DS never liked hot water baths, so we did not have to use a geyser. Not sure how that would work. Rashes did not go away completely but surely improved.

3. Shashi Nadig

Shashi Nadig New IL'ite

Hi Tikka,
    Thanks for ur reply.
    Where do we get these filters?

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Shashi, I got those things from hardware shops. It has a bulbous filter at the end. You may also use a muslin cloth, like they used to? We have a factory near our house that lets out contaminants into the ground water. Our paed actually suggested we use drinking water for baths... I of course did not have the heart for it.