1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Live life without expectations ….. and you’ll appreciate things more as they come alo

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 5, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

From experience I have seen that those who live life without expectations get things which they never dreamt and they never show off because they have everything. In life adjustment is necessary and we can be happy only when we make others happy. Our happiness lies in teh happiness of other people. If we give them their happiness , we will get our happiness.

Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and say thanks to God for the troubles we don’t have…

God knows what to give whom but we dont understand that and think why we dont get what we want. Its always nice to get things after struggling then only we know the value of everything. Sisters of the same family after marriage have different life. The sister who had dreams does not get what she dreamt but her sister gets what she dreamt, because of which they both dont get along well. But there are sisters where if one sister gets what the other sister had dreamt she feels happy that atleast her sister is living the life she dreamt.

The happiest people do not necessarily have the ‘BEST’ things.They simply appreciate the things they have.
    Choose a simpler and smarter way to live
    I had also many dreams when I was young. Though many of my dreams werenot fulfilled, but still I am happy withwhatever I got. Many people have helped me in achieving what I want. If our heart is pure God takes care of us and gives a helping hand through someone or other and makes us happy. I realised that Joy is not in things it is in us

You are strong when you Know your weaknesses…. You are beautiful when you Appreciate your flaws…. You are wise when you Learn from your mistakes…

10 people like this.

2. lalithabrahma

lalithabrahma Bronze IL'ite

Re: Live life without expectations ….. and you’ll appreciate things more as they come

Iyerviji, Very well expressed. I am a big proponent of what you have expressed. In fact yet another thing that works well for me is " Be thankful for what you have and thank in advance for what you want." It makes room for getting more in terms of tangibles and intangibles.

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Re: Live life without expectations ….. and you’ll appreciate things more as they come

Lalitha dear welcome to my thread and thanks for making my day with your first fb. Glad you liked the post. Thanks for sharing your view which I agree

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks for the wonderful thread iyerviji

1 person likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Nice thoughts.Most people know theoretically about all these thoughts, but find it extremely difficult to implement.The more we know our weakness, the stronger we become. But the'ego' stands in the way of acknowledging the weakness.
    Sometimes the contentment may be a constraint for our progress too.
    Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Amma Jayasala42,

Well said, Can you please put the thoughts of contentment being a constraint to our progress still elaborately when you find time, for my mind to quickly grasp your thoughts, Thanks in advance, SAIRAM

7. nikitamjain

nikitamjain Silver IL'ite

Iyerviji, I completely agree. Satisfaction and happiness lie within us and not in materialism. People come and go, things are bought and worn out or lost, and time passes swiftly. What remains with us are the memories of special and strong emotional moments of love, faith and care, which is all we need to live. Desires are a never ending sea and can never bring about permanent happiness or satisfaction.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Viji,

Sairam, Sad to know that you had to shift again, by Baba's grace hope you are comfortable in the new apartment, My Namaskarams to Mr. Iyer.

Yes, everything is pre determined and we just need to follow the instructions what our Guru asks us to follow rather than having a set of rules for us to achieve something that may be even in a day to day life, then there in no concern whatsoever hurdles comes in between, we would easily walk over it.

It is like driving a car hoping that the opposite carwala will drive haphazardly, and not that we are confident about our driving, so even if he hits we can manage as we expected it, then it is limited strain, so we are less worried. if we reach home safe, we are happy, either way we don't lose our :cool2: finally we stay happy.

Thanks for sharing, take care, May Baba be with you in your new home and guide you too, Is there a BABA temple near your new home..

SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  9. lalithabrahma

lalithabrahma Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Iyerviji and Nikitamjain

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka,

When we face difficulties in life, we get humbled and learn from that experience and when we face pleasure, we get motivated. This balance is essential for a man to begin understanding how to control mind and senses and search for the inner consciousness.
    Slowly, we learn equanimity in life. We will never understand what is happiness if we don't know what is pain and vice-versa. The pair of opposite work in tandem for Jeeva to experience life. We need to learn to appreciate what we have. Even if we have difficulties in life, we need to accept them gracefully and pray for strength to handle them.

Viswa

1 person likes this.