1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Live In Relationships

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Star25, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

ok.. my two cents, the best thing a person who has a history of unhappy relationships should do is to learn to love being on their own. there are better men out there than her husband for sure, but even they cannot bring complete fulfillment . Husband , kids can enrich your lives , but expecting them to be the sole reason for your happiness is an illusion . She has to spend time alone by herself, or else her pattern will continue.. Regarding live in relationships, have seen it work well for many of my western colleagues and friends, in fact for them living together is a unmissable step before marriage. But its a new idea for Indians and especially in India. keeping a relationship alive and healthy requires work and attention and add to that the extra energy required to go against social norm. At the back of her mind, she is never going to stop wanting some sort of an actual commitment. Right now, she is expecting some Prince Charming to help her solve all her issues. Sorry lady, no one is coming , you have to be your own knight in a shining armor.

2. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@Shreema86 : I definitely agree with you that happiness cannot be brought from external circumstances and neither can we rely our happiness from our hubby, or close friends or siblings..may be her current situation is making her long for the love/emotional support. But like you said this the idea of live-in in india may not work for her considering her situation. Thank you so much for clearly explaining from a higher point of view :thumbup:

3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I think your friend will have happier life if she instead focuses on being alone and becoming emotionally stable, independent and happy. Now, she should focus on developing friendships , hobbies, career/ purpose in life. Getting into a relationship to become happy is not wise.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  4. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@nakshatra1 : Thanks a lot for your reply Nakshatra.. Yes may be she can find the happiness all by herself as you all feel so instead of relying on any new relationship.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  5. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

If live-in has many cons,is your friend planning to stay in this marriage?

Star25 likes this.
  6. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@BerryPine : Thanks dear for enquiring about my friend..After a discussion with her about the live-in that you have all shared in IL , she does not want to consider that option now. She is thinking of ways to save her marriage which is a good sign..

7. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@Nilaya : Oh thank you so much dear ..Ily pass on this info to her ..hope this helps her when she is feeling low.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2018
  8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

your friend is under depression. people in depression will be hold to the nicest word coming from anyone. her patterns are clear. first one failed. 2nd one is failing. 3 also will be fail, if she remains needy. she cannot keep being needy and also expect the man to be giving all the time.

sorry if my answer is blunt .

nakshatra1 and Star25 like this.
  9. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@lavani : Sorry for the late reply..Yes my friend is depressed but after discussing to her all the valuable info that you all have shared in the group sheis in the Mindset as to not to go for divorce anytime in future ..hopr she sticks on it..

10. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Yes dear you had sent me the link before right ? I forwarded to her... Thank you so much for your help :thumbup: