1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Live..for yourself or for others

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ridhi23, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ridhi23

ridhi23 New IL'ite

I saw a movie yesterday which really touched me..it was about the lives of two women--one who lived her life on her own terms, just for herself and the other whose life just revolves around her daughter--both are unhappy and searching for something..the line form this movie that touched was said by one of the women to the other "I have lived my entire life for myself and u are living ur life for ur daughter; none ever works". I think this is such a true thing. If we life our lives just by ourselves and for ourselves.bothering about no one..what kind of life is it?? No one to share with, no one to worry about, no one to pamper, no one to love or get loved by and so on.. one the other had what kind of a life is one in which we just live for others and not a moment for our own selves...A happy life certainly is a balance of both the traits..agree??

2. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Agree with Ridhi

Hi Ridhi,

Ya its absolutely true that life should be balance of both...Live for ourself n others tooo that is womanhood. Because of this we women have got a God's gift as childbirth..

Sometimes in life we should do something particularly just for ourselves..Like something which we had dreamt of or anything by which we get deep satisfaction of life.. After staying few years in aboard I think only in India womens think they are good for nothing. They are only to cook , take care of house and family...But in this life they are ruinning their own identities...I dont say all the womens are same but maximum no of womens are same..Compared to it in aboard mostly each n every womens do something. Anything sitting at home too..They take care of house too, family and their ownselves also...

In India parents think that once our daughter get married our burden is lessen..In the other part the girl think once i am married my importance of life is complete..After that all qualifications she had grab so far is none other than a piece of paper. Only family is priority after marriage..Then comes kids after that nothing remains..Women thinks we are good for nothing..Just do daily chores, family, eat good food and sleep..They even dont take care of health or body shape also..they turn out of shape by which their level of confidence goes too low..Actually mostly ladies dont think about this things much but it is the basic truth womens are very much unaware of.

It is no bad to take care of family or others but it is also good to take care of urself too...Its sometimes good to pamper ourself..

I dont know my friends will agree with me or not ...But it only my lookout of Indian typical womens..

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  3. ridhi23

ridhi23 New IL'ite

Hi Sonu,

It was a really nice post. What u hav written holds true for a vast majority of indian women...but i feel times are changing now.. i hav seen a change in the trend of the lifestyle of in many indian women..They are not just "maids" in the house but also have a life of their own..and a say in the family..but i think the factor responsible for this change is good education..im not just talking about bookish knowledge but more practical real world knowledge..and ofcourse our upbringing is a major factor too..cos we are what we see at home..how our parents are..and then our children will be our reflections..

Regards

Ridhima

4. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Just a comment

Hi Ridhima,

Time is changing thats true but if you notice maximum no of womens are same ...I can even tell their routine...Gettin up in morning making tiffins, makin ready kids ready to school then husband for offices makin food then from afternoon till evening sitting infront of Tv watching all Saas Bahu serials then in evening goin to market chatting standing in middle of road discussing only about neighbours kids n upbringing then coming back from market...cook food then again sit to watching evening sessions of Tv serials..thats it. Majority are same ...Nobody is trying to change nor they will be...If you say someone to read a nice nonfictional book to change themself they wont read they will just say who the hell have time but if u see they particularly take out time to watch such disgusting serials...Whom are they benefiting by watching such dumb serials ..themselves...??? No ..Then their families ????no ...No benefits...If u ask this questions to them they will even answer wisely by saying that these serials are ******** and we dont even have anything to do but they still will watch such serial wasting their precious time in which they can do something useful for themselves...

5. sushdevi

sushdevi Senior IL'ite

to live for oneself or for others

Dear friends ,
    Just today I chanced to come across a few articles as to whether to live for one self or for others(In snippets of life forum)...I went through the different comments .Most of them stressed on the fact that a kind of balance should be maintained for attaining happiness .
    But friends ,let me ask you one thing .Why do we need to attain that balance ,if we have to attain happiness? .Happiness is a state of mind .It differs with persons..it is a virtual reality ..
    so in my opinion living for one self as well as dedicating one`s life entirely for others are both a source of happiness .Because we have been given common sense to choose our path of happiness . so why compromise .
    Live life the way we want .After all happiness is the final aim.

enjoy
    love sushdevi(Sheela)

1 person likes this.
  6. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

quite impressive

well said sushdevi. i agree with you.
    regards,
    radha

7. nvathsala

nvathsala Silver IL'ite

sushdevi's idea is correct. live the life the way we want it.