1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Live A Life Of Dignity At Old Age

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, May 25, 2018.

1. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

@Thyagarajan ji , Thanks for your response. Indeed it is tear jerking. You are correct - some children just doing rituals perfectly after death but fail to give a life of dignity and care in life. In our culture, people are more concerned about rituals than about genuine compassion. . Nevertheless we should be careful and save for future even if a little bit.

About my concluding line, I just meant that in earlier generation a wife/DIL was considered ideal if she doesn't "waste" her husband's money to visit her old parents . But is it ethical for a woman to neglect her old parents for 7 years, is this image ethical or worth aspiring for? Let's use our own thinking and bold to do the right thing. It's definitely not her fault though ; because she belongs to an era when women had no choice, and I have full sympathy for her. Maybe somewhere her daughter is facing the same pressure to maintain the ideal image. The culture is to blame.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Thyagarajan likes this.