1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Little Things......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, May 29, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala,

Yes, a thank you to all those who serve, though I wish we could do more. Thank you for your feedback. Nice to read your biochemist friend's incidence. Sometimes things happen just like that. Now I am curious to see the plant in winter. I can't stop wondering if the green leaves will turn red and guess what as if to conspire the light in the garage opener is broken and yes I have replaced like 10 bulbs. Now I have given up, for I have chosen to assume that it is working in favor of the plant. After all, I do smile when I get off the car.

Enjoy your long weekend.

satchitananda and kkrish like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Srama Saby you brought a smile on my lips. Disturbed and upset that I was with a friend. A normally go easy mom reacted very differently to her son's result. The kid had issues and she said I will be happy if he passed and the tune changed after the result. We expected more, what do I tell my friends and relatives..(that the kid got 80% is another story). I told her tell them that my son did what he could and we are happy. I told her once the tension of college admissions are over no body would bother with those marks. Sorry for the vent..I know you will understand.. the story of kids like my friend's son are like the poinsettia.. we assume they give them a lot of things without realising it is simple support, and encouragement. Why can't we really listen

Staying put makes a difference many a time. Boosts their morale, cheers their day and much more.

The girl and the candy, love the perserverence of the kid to share happiness.if it is that easy I would share bags of candies...

You take the smell the roses to a different level. Loved it.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    padma0604, kkrish and Srama like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

OMG! Shanvy you read my thoughts precisely in the poinsettia example! I have been wondering about it all along - while I have been giving it light and nourishing it, all it needed was some darkness with nourishment. Identifying what someone else needs is hard but supporting need not be. I do hope that mom makes peace - kids can feel our disappointments more than we realize. Your response is no vent at all. You know I often get a chance to work with some kids who are from other countries, don't know English and have bare minimum at home and one thing that I constantly notice is kids are kids - they are happy. They are not worried about things as us - I often wonder as to when we pass on our worries and our idea of success to them. I find myself telling high school kids who volunteer in my school - "Don't impose your idea of success, needs and wants. Listen to the people who you are helping and give what they want, not what you think is right." It is a tall order but keeping perspective helps. You see you touched a chord, just like how that mom touched in you. I get it. I do. I often see many moms bringing their kids for horseback riding as it helps with their developmental needs - that picture is also one of those. I have also read a couple of books on horses and their ability to identify human emotions and help in therapy.

Well as you see, lots more behind that snippet but I could only put out so much. I am happy I managed to put a smile on your lips. Thank you my friend. I am so very proud of you and your sense of love and understanding.

Shanvy likes this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabita,
    Small moments in the course of day....they make our days. Only thing is we should be receptive to them.
    Candy given by a little girl made your day and her day too. When she goes to bed she would have a smile on her face!
    Have you ever observed all our childhood memories are associated with simple things and incidents?
    Enjoyed a lot reading your blog. You have a heart to see beauty in every simple thing.
    Syamala

kkrish and Srama like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

Absolutely. All our memories are indeed filled with simple things and incidents. Thank you for your words. I love getting a feedback from you! Thanks.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

It looks like the Lord is determined to send subtle messages to me since yesterday. My son sent me this link for me to read last night and I read it before going to bed. Now I read your snippet "Little things.." that explains how a little child was going to the extent of finishing some work to make you eat a candy. You are trying to make a plant live as long as possible. Are species wired to help others? Can this Altruism be developed through training? Why some are more inclined to help total strangers when others don't? How a hardcore criminal incarcerated for life helps someone who is suffering from dementia inside the correctional facility? The link below made me get a sound sleep last night.

Wired For Altruism

Viswa

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Believe it or not, that very same Ted radio talk has been the talk in our family for the last two days. It is mostly my DH He is the giver in our family! I am mostly happy in my little world - I do believe that is another way to spread happiness, at least definitely in the lives of people that I touch and I have been fortunate enough to meet people who spread cheer by just being happy. They make it look like it's all going to be alright. I am not certain how my little snippet made a difference to you but am sure glad it did. For me children have been my biggest champions. I lose myself completely. I only constantly hope that I am making a difference to them like they do to me. I do believe we are predisposed to help others. I cannot think otherwise at all. Thank you for your feedback.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

So sweet ! Little Children are Angels .

Srama likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You are right and I am fortunate to experience this more often than many :)

SCSusila likes this.
  10. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

This is a beautiful post Srama!! Loved it totally.

Talk about being aware of the beauty around, kindness around and love around!! You touched everything in such a tender manner. You are blessed to have a heart that opens up to the beauty around, takes it in and spreads it around. I feel relaxed and contended after reading your post. Thanks for the post.

I also thank each and everyone who posted their comments. Wonderful thoughts, feelings and emotions raining here. Stay blessed all of you. They are no 'little things'! They replenish the soul - what can be bigger than that?