1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Little Things Please Little Minds

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Lovely snippet which always haunt my thoughts often. I always ensure to enjoy the happiness even from small things. I learned this from my elder son. I learned to get satisfaction out of silly things from him. When he is hungry, after having a small bowl of curd rice with a pickle, the reaction that he gives once he is done, oh my God, life is heaven. he would mention atleast 10 times as if he had a sumptuous meal and the amount of satisfaction he depicts in his face takes me to a new world throwing a bunch of smile on my face. this might sound silly but I find happiness in such silly things only. he enjoys every little things in his life. and so do I which I started practicing from the lesson I learnt from him. materialistic pleasures are not true permanent happiness, according to me. In the name of maturity we failed to enjoy the utmost pleasure that little little things give us.

Your little post triggers those beautiful moments making me cherish and start this wonderful morning with a fresh mind and smile. Thank you Satchi mam

satchitananda likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

True, Shyamala. Am sure kids relate easily to the core of another kid's being. We as adults often lack the patience and understanding to deal with those whom we term 'difficult' or 'different' kids. Just the other day I was having a conversation with my friend about parents who say their kids 'trouble' or 'harass' them. Really? Does any kid set out with the intention of harassing? All the kid is looking for is some love, seeking attention. The kid is just BEING A KID. The problem is with the parents who do not know how to handle it. No, I am not blaming them. It is their limitation or ineptness. All I would hope would be that people stop imagining their kids are 'troubling' them and try to grow up themselves!

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rith, thanks so much for the lovely response! It is not AT ALL silly. I can very well relate, because I often feel like your son - a bowl of curd rice, a morning when I wake up feeling completely rested, a beautiful sunset (same window, same sun, same background, but I keep taking pictures everytime I see it!!!), a little appreciation from the students for all the efforts one puts in - it is an undescribable glow of warmth and happiness inside which brings a contented smile (not quite unlike the cat that got its cream!) on the face. If 'growing up' means not experiencing these little joys or hiding the fact that I feel so overjoyed at such 'silly' things, may I never grow up!