1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Listen Carefully!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jul 2, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

He had been so bright and intelligent that there was nobody before or after, to compare with him. He had most of his father's knowledge and mother's compassion and earned a top spot quite early. One of the meanings of his name means beauty and it is well justified.

He is a true warrior and has a unique weapon. His choice of the vehicle also was different - it had a majestic beauty and a fighting spirit. He also knows the nuances of complex grammar and undoubtedly one of the best in all fields that he explored.

His dad came to know one day that his little son had jailed his own uncle for not answering a question. He smiled first. But later, showing a mock anger, he was bombarding his little one with a lot of questions. The boy proved his worth to his dad and made him proud, but his dad did not seem to be convinced about the punishment given earlier to the boy's uncle.

"Tell me! Do you know the answer to that question?" he asked his kid. "Yes. I do!" said he, quite confidently. "Say it to me then!" ordered his father. "You want to know that, huh? Then ask in the proper manner!" said the child. "What? But I am your dad!" his father roared. "Now, you are a student and I, the teacher! Do not forget that!" the boy said with a force.

His father changed his stance and did what his son recommended for the student. The teacher started - "Now, listen carefully dear student!"

p.s The teacher is none other than Lord Muruga and his student, Lord Siva. The one who was jailed was Lord Brahma and the question was about the meaning of Omkara!

2. chellam246

chellam246 New IL'ite

hi rgs,
    Reading (so bright and intelligent that there was nobody before or after, to compare with him. He had most of his father's knowledge and mother's compassion and earned a top spot quite early). wanted to answer as vinayaka after contiuning One of the meanings of his name means beauty and it is well justified.

He is a true warrior and has a unique weapon. His choice of the vehicle also was different - it had a majestic beauty (by the way vinayaka is also beautiful)and a fighting spirit. He also knows the nuances of complex grammar and undoubtedly one of the best in all fields that he explored.

knew the answer is Muruga

but already given solution by u. but it was great reading
    chellam

3. rgsrinivasan

That was quite a good feedback Chellam. Thanks a lot. Besides I already wrote a couple of blogs for Vinayaka on similar lines earlier. So, tried on Muruga this time. Happy to receive the first feedback from you. -rgs

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

I guessed the LORD immediately. A lovely writeup about the Lovely GOD.
    His choice of the vehicle also was different - it had a majestic beauty and a fighting spirit. He also knows the nuances of complex grammar and undoubtedly one of the best in all fields that he explored.
    The above lines were very well narrated. May Lord Muruga bless you with everything in your life.

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for your nice feedback Sreema. -rgs

6. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

I guessed the lord at once and you have narrated very well about the character of our lord muruga.

7. rgsrinivasan

Well. That was so easy, yet, you were smart to guess it earlier. The next one that I have in mind would be very much difficult, I feel.... Lets see!
    Thanks for your appreciative feedback Uma. -rgs