1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

List your favourite Indian Suspense / Thriller movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Decentguy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Hello members

As the Title suggests Please list your favourite Indian Suspense / Thriller movies .

By Suspense / Thriller movies I mean

1. Mystery movies,
    2. Murder Mystery,
    3. Twist and Turn movies,
    4. Robbery or Mystery movies
    5. Family secret movies or Gangster movie

Basically any movie where the ending or climax just blows you away.

Rules:-

1. It should be any Indian language movie ( e.g. Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi anything) but strictly NO HOLLYWOOD OR ENGLISH OR ANY FOREIGN LANGUAGE MOVIES

2. Mention the plot in a few words or lines. But please NO SPOILERS

3. Mention the language so that if someone wants to see the movie, they can rent the DVD or watch online

Here are some of my favourites:-

1. Jewel Thief ( Hindi) :- Dev Anand, Ashok Kumar starrer movie. Loved the plot. The music is amazing. Plot involves a jewel thief who is very smart and police are never able to catch. The way the story is written along with the music, I just loved it. Keeps you on your toes the whole story.

2. Bees saal bad ( Hindi):- Murder Mystery starring Biswajeet, Waheeda Rehman. I liked the title song and there is little bit of horror involved. The story starts with a girl being raped and she kills herself. What follows is series of murder. People say that the girl spirit is causing those. Very nice gripping movie. Excellent music too.

3. Sadma(Hindi) - Kamaal Hasan, Sridevi :- I think this was dubbed but nevertheless one of best Sridevi movies I liked. After an accident she behaves like a 6 yr old. Kamaal Hasan tries to save her from every possible way. The ending is just superb ( The train platform scene just kills your heart). I really wished the ending was a happy ending.

4. Gupt(Hindi):- Boddy Deol, Kajol :- A nice murder mystery. Nice music too., Keeps you guessing till the end and the identity of the killer will definately blow you away

5. Madhumati(Hindi):- Dilip Kumar - Story about reincarnation. Nice music. Good acting. Similar to Karz ( Rishi Kapoor, Tina Munim). Karz is also a good movie. Nice music

These are some of my favourites. I will post my other favourites soon.....Need to think :)

3 people like this.

2. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

That was a good list. I don't remember many now but I liked 'Aankhen' starring Paresh Rawal, Arjun Rampal, Akshay Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Sushmita sen, involving a bank robbery. And also the latest 'Kahaani' starring Vidya Balan and some great supporting characters where she searches for her missing husband.

3. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

so many
    some of the recent, i liked

Ek hasina ti
    Manorama 6 feet under
    johny gaddar

4. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Anukkunda Oka Roju (Telugu): This is my favouritest movie. A girl wakes up oneday and sees strange thigns happenigns around her...strangers attacking her. Investigation reveals that she missed two days from her life...she has no account of those two days. Answer to save her form these attacks lies in those 2 days.

[​IMG]

Gupt (Hindi): DG wrote abotu it already.

Vaishali (Eeram): A girl named Vaishali has committed suicide, leaves a note listing her mistakes including EMA. Police investigator who happens to be her college Boy frend is not ready to beleive its a suicide while the evidence clearly shows it and his actions ar epurely based on his insticnts. Now will the police opicer's instincts proove right or wrong? ...check the movie out to know more....Excellent Songs. Actress is simply superb..dont know her name...but she is super.

5. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Johhny Gaddar was based losely based on Old hindi Movie called Parwana that starred Amitabh and Naveen Nischol. One of rare Amitabh suspense movie .

6. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Does not have to be recent. Dig in your memory and tell us some old ones too. The problem with new ones is they are based on Old ones

7. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Chandramukhi (Telugu): laka laka laka. One figure from 20th century called Chandramukhi keeps living in a plalace in her devil form and a family buys that palace. Strange thigns start to happen. Keeps one guessing who the possesed figure is thats doing all this?

Nalla Trachu (Telugu): i dont know the name of this movie, i dotn rmeeber the plot..its pretty old....but i rememebr watchign it as a kid....scared the guts out of me then. Its about a Black King Cobra that gets into a familys home somehow.......hides in kitchen , kills them all.

8. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Some more

100 days(Hindi) - Jackie Shroff, Madhuri Dixit - Nice music, Good murder mystery. Couple of songs are good.

Khamosh(Hindi) - Amol Palekar, Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi - Thriller about mysterious murders that take place on a film location.

Gangster(Hindi) - Shiny Ahuja, Emraan Hashmi - Good gangster movie. Couple of nice songs. Ending is very dramatic

Gumnaam(Hindi):- Manoj Kumar, Nanda -
    Eight people are trapped on an island when their plane abandons them. They find a large mansion whose butler is expecting them. Then one by one, they die... Nice Music

I will post more....

1 person likes this.
  9. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Reading this.....Remembered a hindi movie called Nagin starring Reena Roy, Sunil Dutt, Feroz Khan and tons of other A list actors....It was a Massive hit in that era.

Plot is - Reena Roy and Jeetander are Nag and Nagin and the Nag gets killed by Kabir Bedi I think. Then Nagin takes human form and takes revenge on everyone ( well except for the Main Hero and main Heroine ofcourse)

1 person likes this.
  10. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Mohra(Hindi) - Akshay Kumar, Raveena Tandon : Good music, Good suspense. Akshay Kumar taken for a ride

Chocolate(Hindi):- Anil Kapoor, Sunil Shetty - Carbon copy of "The Usual Suspects", but I think they copied it nicely :)