Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Sep 17, 2014.
How Old Are you? Manju kalakki!
thank u kalpana.even I was looking for good mallu movies..
they are too good!
memories was good.
yes! i also liked the movie. she still looks young.
Ladies! Wanted to watch Malayalam movies. Recently watched dhirshyam. Loved it. Please suggest me where to watch in the web with English subtitles? Thank you.
You can watch it in einthusan.com
Arike is also a good movie.
my favs are
Thank you nemo123
For the non malayalees who are looking for some good malayalam movises,these are my favourites - some of them you can find in youtube. Others you may have to hunt. There are a little 'artsy' ones here too , so i've added a genre
1) paithrukam - This is a serious kind of movie.
2) manichithra thaazhu (this is the original from which chandramukhi and bhool bhulaiiya etc were made.Shobhana won a national award for this).
3) Valsalyam - an old mamootty classic. Sentimental/family saga.
4) Aniyathi praavu - mushy romantic. Its the original from which dholi saja ke rakhna and kadhalukku maryadai in tamil were made.
5) Kilukkam - Out an out comedy with Mohanlal and revathi . Original of Muskurahat (hindi)
6) keli - This stars jayaram and charmila. One of bharathan's master pieces.
7) Aaraam thampuran - watch it for manju warrier and mohanlal's chemistry. Action thriller kind of movie.
8) Pappayude swantham appoos - watch it for mammootty. Family movie
9) Classmates - i am pretty sure its famous.college/political kind of movie
10) Meeshamadhavan - pure comedy i watch it whenever i feel down. Dileep and Kavya.
11) Kalyana raman - same as 10.
11) Salt n pepper - for a nice comedy/love story. Will leave you hungry
12) Kaazhcha - This one is by blessy and is a visual treat.
13) Bhramaram - Another classic by Blessy - a little disturbing but awesome
14) Prachiyettan and the saint - A satire by Ranjith. May or may not make sense
I have small kids, so watching movies is a luxury now. Still - of the ones that I have seen, these are the ones I liked.
1) How old are you - for manju
2) Om shanthi Oshana - for the comedy and nasriya's timing .
3) 1983 - good feeling of nostalgia
4) Sapthamashree thaskaraha - I recently watched it and I loved it! its more like a desi ocean's eleven, but I am not sure if the non-mallus will get the jokes.
5) Dhrishyam - I guess its already on everybody's list
6) ustad hotel - lovely theme, wonderful music.
7) Diamond necklace - feel good. Nice songs.
8) Beautiful - Again, nice movie,Nice feel. Nice songs
9) Traffic - I think its been remade in a lot of languages.
10) Spirit - a movie with a social message on the effects of alcoholism
11)Punyalan agarbathis - Comedy/feel good/social relevance
12)Philip and the monkeypen - Even though it can go into the genre of 'kids', its an awesome movie for adults too about how you should not take life so seriously
13) Shutter - Some will like it, some will hate it. I enjoyed it