1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

List of FOODS that BURN FAT

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by 4mangopeople, Feb 28, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies

The secret to good health is eating wisely and proper exercise. Our health basically depends on the kind of food we eat. Eating wrong food and exercising is a wrong combination.

Following is the list of FAT BURNING FOODS

CHILLIES contain Capsaicin that increases the metabolism, which causes the body to burn extra calories for about half an hour after eating chillies. Experts say prefer green chillies over red chillies.

FRUITS and VEGETABLES rich in vitamin C - Vitamin C dilutes the fat and helps in releasing it from the body. Fruits like oranges, lemons, grapefruit, peppers, tomato juice, broccoli, raw cabbage, strawberries etc. are also natural fat burners.

APPLES - Pectin in the apples restricts the cells to absorb the fat and encourages the water absorption from the food which in turn helps to release the fat deposits from the body.

CALCIUM rich products like milk, yogurt and cheese, the natural fat burners increase fat breakdown in fat cells.

COCONUTS and COCONUT OIL is another natural fat burner.

GREEN TEA is a natural fat burner increases the metabolism and burn more calories.

FISH - omega - 3 fatty acids in the fish have a strong effect on the metabolism

Other foods like watermelon, spinach, pineapple, pears, peaches, papaya, mushrooms, garlic, eggplant, cucumbers, carrots etc are also natural fat burners.

Be wise in selecting the food. Stay fit and be happy.

2. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

good one.I am waiting for your post on reducing belly fat !

3. 4mangopeople

Hi Maya

Thanks. Soon I'll post the thread on reducing the belly fat.

Have a nice day.

4. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

its surprising to see coconut oil in the list...
    It has very high saturated fat, right?

5. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

Good to know these facts. Like venelaaaa said its really suprising to see coconut oil is in the list.

6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Mango,
    Good collection of all the fat burners, you actually get to eat. I prefer to eat and reduce :rotfl

7. 4mangopeople

Hi Libra

You are right, I agree with you. One should not starve or go on a diet to loose weight. Eat wise, exercise right and stay fit is my motto. We do have a wide range of foods the nature provides with us. We need to take little care in the selection of foods.

Good day