1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lip Care--tips and suggestions

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by jyothikumar, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Re: Dark area around lips due to threading

Thanks Dhaanika. Never heard of this REM Spring. Does it have any side effects?

Also, I am not sure if its due to threading or hyperpigmentation. Let me try the lemon and honey scrub first. So, its just mix lemon juice and honey, apply on face and rub off after it dries out?

2. Ballereena

Ballereena Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dhaanika,

I am also looking for easy ways to remove upper lip hair. Rem spring looks cool, can you more details about how to use it and how safe it is to use etc.

The info will be of great help to all of us here.

Thanks in advance.

3. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Sahmaara, Ballereena,

REM spring is just a simple stainless steel spring, that you turn into an upside down U shape, and roll on your face while twisting its ends between your thumb and index finger. It grabs the hair between the coils, and as you roll the spring up and down on the face while twisting its ends, it just plucks the hair out from the root.

Its genius! :)

I've found its extremely simple, effective at grabbing even the thinnest hair (the annoying peach fuzz that leaves behind that dark color a couple hours/days after you thread!), and once you've used it a couple times, the maintenance is virtually painless - just takes 4-5 minutes every week, you can do it without a mirror as well, while watching TV or something. And its super cheap. I gave one to some of my girl friends, they all loved it.

There aren't any side effects, at least I didn't break out or anything and I have very sensitive skin that turns red with threading, and the thread sometimes cuts up my skin, but the REM works well for me.

Sahmaara, yes, just mix up lemon juice and honey, or lemon juice and yogurt, and apply on your lips and the surrounding face area, and wash off after a couple (10-15) minutes. Do this at night as the lemon makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight, so its best done at night before you sleep. Apply some night cream after.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  4. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the lip care tips.. i will try it..

5. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

hi dhaanika,

where will u get the REM SPRING?

6. cutiegal

cutiegal New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I live in the cold region in the US and a lot of times my lips get dry, cracked, dull and turn dark. Recently I read few articles about Vitamin E oil and started applying to my lip before going to bed. It has helped tremendously and my lips are looking nice and pinker and less drying.

Lip smacking!
    Cutiegal

7. Himanshi009

Himanshi009 Guest

Check out these 7 things for your, surely you will feel the difference.

The best thing you can do is to wear SPF products which protect from UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays on your lips year-round.

Shop SPF-enriched lip balms

2)Serum Advanced Therapy is the ultimate age-defying treatment for your lips. This revolutionary product helps to nourish and improve the definition on and around the lips while visibly smoothing fine lines for fuller, younger-looking lips.

Shop Lip Serums & Lip guards

3)Too many products on the market contain parabens, synthetic fragrances and petroleum based ingredients that dry skin out. Organic Natural Lip Balm keeps lips soft and moisturized to prevent chapping and dryness.

Shop Lip care range

4) Vitamin E nourishes and protects against free-radical damage for smoother, crease-free lips. Beeswax helps lip retain moisture to soothe dry, flaky or cracked skin.

5)Home Remedies like almond oil massage, virgin coconut oil massage is also well suited for general lip care. Virgin coconut oil is rich in hyaluronic acid which has been found to have antioxidant, anti- inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Almond oil massage It is rich in vitamins and as a result is great for the skin. It balances moisture and helps to nourish the skin.

6)An iron deficiency can encourage the formation of cracks or fissures on the skin or lips. To prevent this, eat foods that contain iron.

7) Vitamins A, C, and E which can help slow the signs of aging. A deliciously soothing organic lip balm that helps to nourish and soften lips.

8. Naturebeauty

Naturebeauty New IL'ite

Informative article