1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Gone Wild In Dates Empire

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Your FB proved my impression wrong that only anecdotes would be welcome and this type of biopic style won’t be among IL’ites.
    2. I am extremely glad that your comments reveals the exhilaration you had that the story is about a Trichy lad turned into a business maganate by sheer hardwork and perseverance and that I did it here.
    3. I am more glad that you read the story under fiction “GETTI MELAM -Supraja - An apple of my eye “.
    4. Once again I thank you with reverence for your reading and promptly acknowledging it as you did always.
    God grant Godspeed to earnest endeavours.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

A lovely inspiring real life story! Thanks for sharing. Has such a wonderful feel good factor about it. A lesson in it for all .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you for expressing your joy in “feel good” phrase.
    Regards. God Bless.

4. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Sir,

A story of 'sukra dhasi' in astrology.

I had seen those 'open cart with dates' near bus stand, and a man on bicycle selling 'dates for aluminum' vessels on the streets. Never thought about those are the same dates come in packets, now!

As always, looking forward to read your posts.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you sister.
    2. Sukra dhasai and hard work go hand in hand. They are inseparable I believe.
    Every good tho g achieved only after tremendous effort rather indefatigable .
    Regards.
    GOD BLESS.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

What an inspiring story of an entrepreneur converting his dream to a very successful Lion Dates Empire! He must have eaten a lot of Lion dates to have that kind of iron will power. I remembered the Tamil movie scenes where Gowndamani chasing a guy selling dates vying to buy the old car that Ramarajan, Gowndamani and Senthil were walking along with. Isn't it an irony that people sold metals to buy dates earlier?

What excited me the most is Mr. Ponnudurai's understanding of product quality to eliminate the seeds from the dates, process quality in terms of how to package and commercialize the product to be very successful in the market and service quality to think of supplementing products to meet the needs of the actual users. Sometimes I believe Six Sigma quality process is after all invented by observing thoughts of such entrepreneurs from ordinary background but with extraordinary vision.

Thank you for presenting it in a way it would be a tribute to a great achiever in life.

Viswa

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks for the wonderful FB analysing the core factors behind his triumph over poverty and later success in business which others attempted copying but yet to make inroads. The market for dates and date related products broadened with numerous brands yet they are all far far behind LION brand.
    Thanks once again for your appreciation of my presentation.
    Regards.
    God bless.

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:@teenulahari
    Thanks for tapping LIKE.
    2. I presume you enjoyed reading it and would be writing your comments.
    Regards.
    God bless.

9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Sir,

Thanks a lot for reminding, I had missed this article.

This is such an interesting article on grit, determination, an eye for quality and service and entrepreneurship. In fact, I have tasted this lion brand date syrup.:) Before this, I didn't know about this interesting background story which is worth sharing with youngsters with dreams of business on their minds.:thumbup:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks for your seeing my “remind” and reading the biopic as some one termed it.
    2. Thanks also for quick and substantive comments. A similar one about a Salem woman Felicitated by then CEO of Ashok Leyland would be lined up for post.
    3. About “syrup” I have reservations.
    Regards.
    God grant Godspeed to all earnest endeavours.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    GeetaKashyap likes this.