1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Light Workouts And Clean Diets

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by smriths, Jun 26, 2017.

1. smriths

smriths New IL'ite

Hey beauties!
    To start off, I'd like to say that I am having so much fun on this forum; y'all are so fun.
    Now, coming to keeping fit, I am 22 years of age and have been a freak for fitness since I was 16, and have indulged in various workout programs: Insanity, mma, hip hop abs, asylum, T25, bodybeast, you name it, I've done 'em all. Most of the times, I've seen results, but wondered why it wasn't as effective as others doing the same workout. My diet was the main issue. I'd workout for hours together, even and still find my tummy bulging and I often quit the program half way through, thinking it was ineffective. But the truth is, your diet has a bigger say than your workout does. This might be hard to believe but trust me, I've some first hand experience with this.
    What I do now, and I recommend:
    If you work and don't have much time to workout, you and I are on the same boat, sister.
    - Breakfasts should be heavy and filling: I normally have a peanut butter and banana sandwich, along with cut fruits (inclusive of watermelon, musk melon, grapes and mango).
    -Right before lunch, at about 12, I feel hungry again, so I feed myself with a granola bar, or this thing my mom makes, which is like a soup of chole and rajma, with chopped onions and tomatoes. It is insanely tasty as well as filling. This normally is my appetizer for lunch!
    -My lunch is 2 rolls of chicken breast. Now, my lunches are usually consumed at 2, and my mom prepares these chicken rolls for me, that has other components as well, such as lettuce, carrots, onions and mustard. The key ingredient is chicken breast.
    -My evening snacks are light, but along with my daily coffee intake, I usually consume a granola bar, or some cereal.
    -My dinners are very light, usually just some daal and roti, with some dahi for dessert (YUM). Sometimes cut fruits and vegetables suffice. When I am really hungry, I just pick up a sub.

With regard to working out, I'd suggest you run for about 20-30 minutes a day to keep fit. I usually run with a pair of weights on the treadmill and then lift for another 10 minutes for muscle gain. Lifting heavy is not just for men, and I find the endorphin release significantly enthralling.
    If you are entitled to more time, I'd suggest some nice workout programs, such as PiYo, which is pilates and yoga; or LesMils Combat which is a brilliant mma program and makes you feel so powerful with all the kicks and punches thrown! Insane stuff.