1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lifestyle changed:Now and Before

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sarojayasree, Jun 7, 2011.

1. sarojayasree

sarojayasree New IL'ite

Certainly i m not here to discuss the definition of lifestyle..."NO".But simply i can say its the way a person lives,but certain other socio-cultural factors which may influence lifestyle to some extent.If i compare the past & present lifestyle i can see a hell-heaven difference.I came across few incidents which made me to think about this topic.

I belong to a small town in Orissa & to a middle class family,i can remember whn i was in my 5th stand 1st i saw a TV,telephone & prolly in my +12th class i came across a desktop,though I hv started using it in my MBA.And we were so happy to live a simple normal middle class lyf without any kind of luxury arround as our parents gave us wht ever we needed .And i can bet if at all we hv to leave tht kind of lyf i can do tht happily without any hesitation.Coz the exact reason may be we knw the values & worth of money.I have been to villages ,witnessed that part of life .....greenery,trees,the ghoda gadis & the cart.I remember after the school hours spending a quality time with my friends ,playing in the streets,walking all along the roads,riding bicycles.And that time i dont even know what is pocket money??we were very happy to buy the 25paisa pan pasand,cookies,mangomood etc.Those days were full of amusing activities.

But there is a drastic change in lifestyle of the urban youth today.A new born baby observes his/her presence in an AC room of a big multispeciality hospital with full of automated equipments.When the baby grows he/she founds in a posh house with ACs,LCDs,hometheatres,laptops,playstations,automatic toys,4 wheeler to travel all arround & When it comes to the college time,its about hangouts,partying,pubs,rocking music,i-pods,Levi's jeans,reebok shoes,Rayban glasses-"Style statement" of the Youth today,& they feel if they do not have all these it will affect their image.

Today how many of them would prefer a pen when a laptop is given??So The day is not so far when we will stop using pens & even we will stop walking also coz of the vast use of 4 wheelers.I m more concerned about the changing lifestyle which can even make us more sophisticated and arrogant by neglecting simple human values.And i m sure one fine day our kids or their kids will ask about trees,an autorickshaw,pen,paper ,animals etc etc .And we can show them only in pictures .

where are we heading??
    Well...No answer...
    Time has to tell!!!
    I don't know whom to blame also.Is it the lifestyle??What Say??
    After all,We are the world!!!And We make our own World.:)

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Brought a smile to me when reading SaroJayasree. Nice one. And I strongly believe that things will go back to where we were then. Thanks. -rgs

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Dear Sarojayasree,

[JUSTIFY]
    A nice and thought provoking writeup. Yes what we were now we were not in our early stage. Life style we have changed and we became addicted to all the luxurious things and we ourselves are the route cause of new diesease etc., Olden life style is too good always, where people really enjoyed the every second of their life with self content.
    [/JUSTIFY]

4. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Oh dear, yes the lifestyle has changed. Even we have forgot many simple things that we used in day-to-day life a decade ago, let alone the kids getting a knowledge about it.

Very true. :( Its really sad - bitter truth.

Nice write up - thought provoking!

ilt

5. sarojayasree

sarojayasree New IL'ite

Thank you so much for reading my blog.
    cheers!!
    Jayasree

6. sarojayasree

sarojayasree New IL'ite

Yes..very true.That's what made to discuss about this topic.

Cheers!!
    jayasree

7. sarojayasree

sarojayasree New IL'ite

Thanks much ILT :)

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Saroja (I am torn between calling you Saroj and Jayashree - is it ok if I call you this way?)

Yes, life has changed a lot from what it used to be earlier. And every generation feels the same. It will be really amusing to hear our children say the same when they are around 30-40 years old.

Change is the only constant factor in life. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. It is up to us to accept the good and leave out the bad and to adapt to those changes the best way we can.

Nice write-up. :thumbsup