Life's Minor Annoyances

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Amica, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Lucky people . Even if it's for photo ops.I wish I had the luxury to fly first class with an army of nannies . I am sure many of us would love to fly first class and have a break from diaper changing and crying babies on a long haul flight . Some people have it all . Whether they are deserving or not , that's not for me to decide .

nandinimithun and Amica like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Things tend to even out. With such luxuries come associated realities like no privacy, no normal childhood for kids and so on. Enjoy the deserved or not luxury of nanny and all. But, this carrying out the baby, balancing it on the hip like a regular mother would, is false advertising. Pretending.

nakshatra1, nandinimithun and Amica like this.
  3. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Nice Thread. Just now i am back from vacation with group of families and here are some vacation annoyance

1. People want to cook and eat all the time in the vacation house for 3 days ( total 7 families) :(
    2. Even u have n number of cusines near you, still people want to travel 40 miles and go only to indian restaurant
    3. Indian guys dont want to enter kitchen and come and ask us to prepare coffee for them
    4. when we go as grp of family to restaurent and share the expense - people try to order so many entrees and pack the extras to house - bill will be common... :(

pinkRoseBud, Amica and BhumiBabe like this.
  4. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I will just stick to the flying and the false advertising part . Being brought up in luxuries and it's side effects is a different debate altogether.

Having nannies and taking them along for vacations and trips is common even in upper middle class in India . Even my siblings in India fly with nannies and no one gives a damn .Why just single out these ladies ? Just because they are rich and public figures we take the liberty to point finger at them . I feel these ladies get scrutinized and criticized for the silliest reasons . They are also humans and everyone should do what works best of them and their families . Even if it means wearing high end clothes , high heels and flying with nannies . They are plain lucky to have so much resources at their disposal . I will grab such opportunities if someone gives me first class tickets and people to take care of my kids on a long haul flight . One doesn't need to be a super mom all the time especially in a 24 hr flight with 2 kids , limited space, their endless demands and tantrums . We happily fly business class if provided by the employer so if someone can afford the luxuries of flying first class with so much help , why not ?

It could be false advertising but viewers are also smart enough to know what is true and false . We all know it's meant for photo only.

sindmani, pinkRoseBud and Amica like this.
  5. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

After child birth question annoyance....
    Are u still working?
    why not work from home?
    why are u going to office daily?
    How u feed ur child?
    Do u breast feed? How u pump and store (Indian aunties questions)
    why day care?
    why dont u call parents from india?
    Why dont u send ur kid to india?
    Still u r dressing up after child birth? how are u getting time?

sindmani, ashima10 and Amica like this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Expanding countertop appliance hoard, shrinking countertop space. :unamused:

Rihana, kaniths, Naari and 1 other person like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

When the world around is in festive season, work demands hardly let’s one enjoy the holiday mood. :icon_pc:

Amica and Sunburst like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

At restaurant with friend and we have different tipping standards. I usually give more than the other person. Feel bad to think that the waiters need tips to earn a living wage. I can't simply add more to the tip so overall it is the %age I want. I am sure the other person is also a bit annoyed at me. : ) Mostly old friends, so not really an annoyance..... : )

======
    @Amica where art thou? Missing your flying visits that result in so many Likes like rich NRI relatives in the 1980's used to bring the poor desi janta goodies from the phoren. Busy? Hope it is pleasantly arduous tasks and events that are keeping you away from IL. Or, is it something to do with IL? :confused: :eek: If IL, please do elaborate. :D

Amica likes this.
  9. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Wow,@kkrish, Thats very inspiring.. if you don’t mind could you tell me what musical instrument can be learnt through online lessons and do you find that effective? Thanks!

kkrish likes this.
  10. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I want to wake up at 6 everyday. every day i eman it.
    I m not a morning person but i have seen my days are better if i wake by early.

I usually do by 8.

kkrish likes this.