Life's Minor Annoyances

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Amica, Aug 3, 2017.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am back with one more of life's minor annoyance : )
    Videos, like cookery videos, or any other how-to ones, in which the person talks talks talks.. you forward it, and then have to skip back : ) I was watching one in which the gal was showing how to make chai in Instant Pot. She said something like, "the water and milk ratio can be whatever you like. I have put 50-50, you may choose to put 60% milk and 40% water, or 40% milk and 60% water, or any ratio you prefer." : ) The video was longer than the time it takes to make chai in IP. : )

So, that is the annoyance. On a corresponding note, what I appreciate is these videos (or whatever) that come up in FB, and which show an entire recipe, or an entire craft or DIY activity without audio, and yet list all the ingredients and all the steps. The video is neatly edited, and some parts such as churning/stirring are automatically played in fast forward mode. An index finger or a drawn arrow will point to the "do not miss" part in the picture.

Deborah, kkrish, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

yes videos from Tasty/Hebbars Kitchen I like the most

kkrish, Sunburst, Amica and 1 other person like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Ditto! There is so much jawing, I often lose patience and walk away. :facepalm:

nakshatra1 and Rihana like this.
  5. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

While in the office, during peak lunch time people "forget" to take out their lunches from the microwave, while the rest of us have to wait fidgeting our thumbs. :expressionless:

6. Rihana

When Gandhi is spelt with the h moved to after the G, starting the name with a Gh. There may be good reasons for this, but it remains an annoyance to read that spelling.

When the spellcheck here says 'spelt' is wrong and offers 'slept' as a replacement.

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Today I am just following @Rihana around on IL and soon she will post it as a minor(?)annoyance ...but before that...
    Parking carelessly in an already overcrowded parking lot. Large car /tiny parking space..ok I get it ..what annoys me are drivers with small cars who are too lazy/inconsiderate to re-park properly even after seeing clearly that they are stepping over the line.

Amica, Rihana and kkrish like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

When a friend says I'll call you back and that call never comes

Sandycandy, Amica, Sunburst and 3 others like this.
  9. Rihana

Good Lord! What a coincidence. I was thinking of posting exactly the same. Parking carelessly by regulars in an area they park in everyday. Or, doing so in malls and places known for their scarce parking.

Amica and justanothergirl like this.
  10. Rihana

Amica did clarify that there is no max limit of posts per day by a member in this thread. Or, I think she did..

Either way I am here with more.. what's with the hard to open packaging around regular daily use objects? It is called "blister pack" or "clamshell" packaging. The object is wrapped in hard plastic, heat sealed, and no obvious way to open it except with a really sharp knife or something.

Sure enough, there is a term called wrap-rage! And an industry around tools to open such packaging. I understand the reasoning - to prevent shop-lifting, pilferage etc. but they should make it easier to open without needing a tool as sharp as a can-opener.

I will not go into detail about the time I was in a certain state of déshabillé and called out from behind the closed door to family for a tool ( to cut open one such package), and they half-worriedly, half-curiously asked "why" (not knowing I am trying to open such an object).

Wrap rage - Wikipedia
    How To Open Blister Packs... Without Going to the E.R.

Amica, justanothergirl and Naari like this.