Life's Minor Annoyances

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Amica, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Are people in forin more easily annoyed? That is what it sounds to me. We are over expecting and get punished for it. In India, we'd have someone shake their head vehemently, and assure the whatever, and add "no problem, ma'am", and eventually there will be a lot of problems. And we would take them all in stride, because, around the corner there will be more.....or... we had already come through greater annoyances, and what had happened at that moment would seem an already-expected trivial matter. And besides, girls in India are adjustable.
    .....The End.......​
    UPS delivery guy rings doorbell and before we could come out of the house, he's gone. And there is a post-it note, an attempted delivery notice paper, fluttering on the door. I think they fill it out in their truck, and come to the door to stick it on, and leave right away. I expect in the future, drones will swoop down and stick the paper on the door, ring the door bell and take off to the sky.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@momsky, sorry to hear about this. I hope you weren't seriously injured. *hugs*

momsky likes this.
  3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

It's only August and Halloween stuff is in stores already! It shows up earlier each year. This annoys me. :facepalm:

momsky, Sandycandy and Rihana like this.
  4. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

When products that are delivered doesn't match with what's online. I have had my fair share of issues with most of the leading e-commerce sites . I have ordered art , clothing and several other things . Some pieces of art looked so glamorous online but when I saw in person , I felt like my toddler can do a much better job . And the headache of calling them for refund or returns. In some cases, the return fee is much higher than the actual price of the product so I am left with something that I end up re-gifting ;) or it goes in trash.

Recently I ordered some home decor stuff from India which was to be delivered to my parents house before they leave for the US. The delivery time looked too good to be true and my gut feeling was like noway it will be delivered on time yet I took the risk and as luck had it , my parents came here and that product is still somewhere up in the air. I have no patience to call these guys in India and follow up . Even if they deliver (whenever that is ), I don't get to see it until my next visit.

Amica, momsky and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I drop off the library book on the Friday it is due before the library closes but they mark it as returned on Monday. :mad:

Amica, Nonya and Sandycandy like this.
  6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

:smash2: For someone who grew up in India before migrating to forin, this kind of thing should be expected. Fake annoyance, this is!!

nandinimithun and Amica like this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

When some dude decides to hold a door open for me although I'm a couple yards away. I have to hustle so he doesn't have to wait. And I have to thank him for making me rush.

ashima10, Sandycandy, Naari and 6 others like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

courtesy turns into annoyance here :) poor chap

pinkRoseBud and Amica like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

When I post about library overdues fine, and it is called fake annoyance.

ashima10, GoneGirl, momsky and 4 others like this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Mmm... mmm... mmm... actually I wont mind if it is a handsome young man,:facepalm: in which case it wont be annoyance; it will be buoyance :biggrin:

Sandycandy, Naari, momsky and 5 others like this.