1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life's like Literati/Scrabble

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ranganayaki, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

A single game of Literati felt like life itself...did it cross your mind?

The letters in hand at one time felt like phases in life, sometimes you have the best and sometimes not so great and other times really tough letters to make words out of. Given this, we look for opportunities to make words with what we have, almost like trying to make the most out of each given time/phases. While making words, we wished we for other letters and some other times wishing we hadn't use some letters earlier...

[​IMG]

But the key is we are trying to double/triple our letter or word scores at each given opportunity that is adding value to every phase/time!

I just had to write and share this. I am sure there many metaphors for life in your own thoughts...

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Oh dear! I have never thought of Literati this way and you surely are right in saying so. I have played many many times but not once this thought crossed my mind. Loved your interpretation and it has been ages since I played a game of Literati. Maybe I should now!