1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life Time Achievement Award

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 10, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give, you get. What you see in others, exists in you. Remember, life is an echo. It always gets back to you. So give goodness.

Mornings always I feel fresh and energetic, so finish all my work in the morning itself. Yesterdaay my son said he will come for breakfast. He likes dosa with milagapodi spread in it.So made milagapodi, he likes pulikachal so made that also and made sambhar, ennaikathrika for lunch. When I phoned him what time he is coming he told me that hewill come for lunch. Ennaikathrika was less so added grinded masala to the baji I had made yesterday which will be sufficient for him . Will fry karuvadam also. He is not a foodie like me but I like to give him the best when he comes for lunch. Before marriage only we bought a house for him for which I paid half the amount from my vrs and half he took loan and paid and after marriage he bought a new house. Though he does not stay with is he is always there when we need him and now a days it is better to stay separately so that both will have our space.

Actually the idea of making pulikachal came when I saw my memories in facebook. On 10th March 2016 I had made pulikachal and my husband praised and I wrote about that in facebook which I am sharing here
    12805976_1033527773352500_3550397294887165958_n.jpg
    You must be thinking who got life time achievement award. You might laugh but I gave this award myself to myself. Are you surprised . Then let me tell you why I gave myself

I am not expert in cooking and still learning. Now I also I google for recipies. For night sambhar was less to have with dosa. So I made Pulikachal. Have made earlier also but today it turned out well. Why I am saying well because my husband liked it and was saying you must not have tasted in your lifetime.While I was serving him he was asking whether I tasted , I told him not yet will have later. Then later when I had he was telling me afternoon you did not have lunch properly shall I make another dosa for you. I told him I had lunch properly only, actually I had dahi rice and little rice was left that he put for me, so he thought I think I had little dahi rice.

With his compliments I felt heaven on earth and awarded myself Life time achievement award. Is it not right. Waiting for your comments

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

You deserve this award...:)

iyerviji likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

And the lifetime achievement award goes to..........................Vijima:number_one::clap2:

Sandycandy and iyerviji like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Haha

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

So nice to read about your life time achievement award, but I would prefer some tax free cash gift, along with a rich monthly pension, sick leave, casual leave, PF, gratuity etc. If we count all the money the entire family would have spent, for all those endless lip smacking dishes we churn out all the years, I am sure the bank balances of the entire family would be wiped out in a second! The recognition, gratitude, affection, respect- you get from your family members is all that makes a life time achievement award!

Agatha83