Life of Indians in stockholm

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by madbhu, May 14, 2007.

1. vandanaajay

vandanaajay New IL'ite

hi maddy, i too came 2 sweden couple of days back. my husband is working here, we will stay here for 6 months. i too didnt found indians here to make friendship.im also seeing for indians to make friendship with them and i can talk with them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
  2. arpitamudit

arpitamudit New IL'ite

hi all
    my name is arpita
    am moving to stockholm in october with my husband and a year old kid. we are being offered rented apartments at midsommerkransen and hammerbyhojden. which one do u guys think is better?

3. vivekbnair

vivekbnair New IL'ite

Hello All!

I am presently in India, will be joining a company Husqvarna in the city Huskvarna,Jonkoping Area,Sweden by Nov'09. Can anybody please let me know the place, residential, accommodation, food expenses and other details of stay over there.

I don't know much about the place,but have heard that there are not much Indians living in that area.Can you please let me know if anyone can provide info.Thanks!
    Regards,
    Vivek.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
  4. lesasue86

lesasue86 New IL'ite

Hi! sweden is a very cool place, its always snowing except for few months. My brother stays in Stockholm, so we to his place. As i am a pure vegetarian i found it very difficult to buy stuff from grocery. Everything has animal fat, even the bread is not spared. The people are very nice and friendly.

5. raniud

raniud New IL'ite

hi mandy2009,

good to know u hav moved to Sweden.

i am presently near South Africa and hav a business in Sweden, which i manage from there..if u are free u can try such venture too!

usha

6. Tabs

Tabs New IL'ite

Hey all

I'm moving to Ludvika from London as I got married to a guy who lives out there. Does anyone know if there are any asians/indians out there?

Is it really important to be able to speak Swedish or can I survive knowing English?

Thanks alot!

Tabs :)

7. spicesonline

spicesonline New IL'ite

Looking at the need of the Indians there, i have in mind a very good idea of an Indian Grocery & Spices Package.

Here is what i plan. I run an online Indian grocery store.
    I plan to launch a 1 MONTH INDIAN PACKAGE.

This will have all the Indian Groceries like flour, dals, spices, ghee,papad, pickles, etc etc for a family sufficient for a month.
    (Customised as per requirement)

This package can be then renewed after each month.

Not to forget , this will be home delivered. Pricing wise, this would be much much cheaper compared to that in Sweden.

Please provide your suggestions if i should start the service.

Jyoti

8. sharmilakishor

sharmilakishor New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have come to Sweden last week on a project and will be here for one month. I need to buy something stuffs for my friends and family when i go back, can u suggest good shops where it is cheaper to buy these items near stocholm, also pls tell me if there is any flea market or thift shops avlbl here

1.Shoes
    2.Bags
    3.Perfumes
    4.Small jewellery items
    5.Lots of chocolates

Looking forward for some good replies

9. ritavithlani

ritavithlani New IL'ite

Hi SharmilaKishore,

You can buy Shoes, Bags, Small jewellery items frm barkarby out let, which is little bit out side of the STHLM City, u can take a PEndeltåg frm T-Centralen to HElenelund and frm Helenelund to outlet bus.
    You will get all this very cheap frm outlet.

Choclates you can buy frm normal shop everywhere, but if u wish to buy darkChoclate and oliv oil, so there is one shop in Västermalms Galleria in Fridhemsplan.

Perfumes can u buy frm NK or duty free shop frm airport!!

If you need nythin more so u can find me on Face Book if u r there?

Regarads,
    Rita Vithlani

10. sunsarav

sunsarav New IL'ite

hai frns, I'm new to this website from india soon I'll come sweden b4 tat i want to make friends and i need some suggestions regarding life in sweden, pls give me replies