1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is what we perceive

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Amywos, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Just a simple incident, but triggered a thought inside me. We know many things, but wont really carry them in mind always. Sometimes some certain silly incident will make u think and link u to what u may claim to be a way of life or some big talks like that :) Similar thing happened to me as well. I was too down yesterday with some heavy feeling inside me and I stand by the window and see the trees outside, the big tree with all its small leaves shaking in the heavy breeze. I somehow felt a kind of ease at heart seeing that tree. I only felt that the tree is sobbing for my state. Ha ! there is somebody rather something out there feeling for my state. Then today I am just jumping with joy over something ,dancing for myself and I happen to look at the same tree thru the window, the same big tree with all its leaves shaking in the breeze. I somehow felt an added happiness, I felt that the tree is laughing out loud by shaking its leaves and moving itself and sharing my happiness. Then I stopped by and thought to myself "Have I gone nuts?" Come on, the tree is just standing there daily and moving its leaves just coz of the wind and what has it got to do with intensifying or reducing how I feel. Then I thought, 'Get back to senses plsss..'

But sometimes it happens, when we are down, we visualize the whole world around is a big mass of sorrow and when we are happy everything around us seem to be happy. So what we see is not exactly what we perceive. I just saw the tree and the same tree, at different moments makes me feel different thing about it. The same happens with humans too. When I am down, even a simple, sometimes a good note from someone gives me a wrong singal and I go down for it. When I am happy, I take all things light and move on.

Life is not exactly whats happening to me, but what I perceive it to be.

I have the independence to perceive it to be good or bad. May be good always :) Dont I?

Btw, I was wondering how would I perceive the tree as, when I am just normal :p

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Amy, that was a good write-up from you.

It is rightly said that perceptions are different from person to person. It is very well connected to our state of mind.

What we may perceive now...may not be the same after a few hours. And sometimes we ourselves cannot believe how we could see things in different light in different moods.

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

A thought provoking blog you have here.
    So true, Life is full of Ups and Downs, Smiles and Tears, Happy moments and Unhappy events.
    We must learn to swim with the tide and accept what is thrown at us ofcourse.How much of an expert one can become at this game is entirely up to us and we have that choice alone.
    It is entirely up to us to choose to be an optimist or a pessimist.
    You drew strength by observing the tree while you felt low and the same tree rejoiced with you while you reached a happy state of mind.
    We all need a support system to fall back on and as long as we can all help each other while we have our Downs and share in the joys of the Up's
    in Life it should be smooth sailing all the way while we sing to each other.......
    "Row ,row , row your boat,
    Gently down the stream
    Merrily, merrily , merrily, merrily
    Life is but a dream ! "
    warm regards
    PAULINA

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Interesting thoughts and ideas.. Good blog Amy..

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Amy,
    Nice observation...
    As you had said..the tree is the same, but we view it according to our moods.
    So is life..the problems are the same, but the way we see it differs...
    the solutions are there but by the way we accept it differs too..isn't it..

sriniketan

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi amy,

good blog..with age and hopefully a little bit of wisdom gathered over the years i too have concluded that life is indeed as we perceive it....so nice if we can always perceive it to be wonderful..well re your question on a normal day u would just look at it as a tree whether the leaves are green or that the yellow ones need to be cleaned away..i mean be just practical about it..haha..enjoyed your thoughts..
    Mindi

7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amy,Very nice blog...Sometimes we feel this way and yeah...then we feel r we nuts...But I tink itz absolutely fine as we r free from everything at that moment.This happens when we r happy or when we r xtremely low..

8. Avanti B

Avanti B New IL'ite

Thanks Amy for writing down your thoughts this way.I guess we all know this philosophy of life by now but we forget to keep this perspective when things are not going well. I have also realized for sometime that its best to tell oneself that no matter what happens, in the end it always turns out for the best.And I have experienced this personally . Any incidednt in life that we think is negative may turn out to have positive effects.- Think about it and we will all find such proof in our lives.Your writing has emphasised that things need not be bad when I think its bad.I have started believing this and it has helped me be much happier and more positive. - When I'm happy,my environment is happy & naturally it follows that my family's also happy.
    ...Avanti