1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is the flower for which love is the honey. -Victor Hugo

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 13, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

A relationship is like a rose, How long it lasts, no one knows Love can erase an awful past, Love can be yours, you'll see at last To feel that love, it makes you sigh, To have it leave, you'd rather die You hope you've found that special rose, 'Cause you love and care for the one you chose.

-Rob Cella

It is said opposite poles attract each other. Me and dh completed 39 years of married life on 24th January 2012. in some cases we are opposites. But still we have lived happily for 39 years because of adjustments.

He is a very simple man and very economic too and I spend a lot which he always tells me to control. But what to do I like giving gifts and receiving gifts and I have so many friends and when they come to my house I want to give them some gift and also when I go to meet them instead of buying fruits I like to take a gift for them which they can use. Usually my gifts are either Ganpati Idol or a Diya. He likes to go walking wherever possible and earlier I could walk along with him now a days due to age I get tired walking and like to go by auto.

He never likes to buy new clothes for him for any occasion except for Diwali He got a sim card free being Senior Citizen in 2007 but he hever wanted to use mobile . But recently one night he came home only by 12 pm and I was worried and phoned my son to go and see. Next day my daughter in law asked him why he was late and how worried I was. So she bought a mobile forhim and gave it to him and now he takes it whenever he goes out but he wont phone and I phone in case he is late.

He loves me a lot but till now he has never told I love you. He has always guided me, been there whenever I wanted him, during my delivery and when I had hip bone fracture. Though he is very short tempered he is a gem of a person. He is very social and in his old age now spending him time helping in social work and also whenever someone expires which is a great job. He and his friends go for that work whenever they called be it morning or evening. Yesterday we had gone for a Bharata Natyam Arangetram and there was lunch also. There was a big crowd and only one person was giving the plates and finding it difficult. He immediately went to give the plates though it was already late for lunch. He had his lunch after distributing the plates to everyone. His friend was telling me might be you have to cook because by the time we go to have lunch everything might be over . But luckily everything was there and he had lunch.

He had given me freedom while I was working to go anywhere out for functions. Sometimes he used to come with me and if he does not come he never used to stop me from going and coming with any office colleague be it a man or a lady. But now after retirement we go together only anywhere and he does not like me going out much as he wants me to be at home when he comes home or when he is at home. If anytime I go out he wants me to come in time but if he goes out he will come sometimes late and make me worried.

He never likes to be idle. He watches only Sun TV and I watch any channel where there is entertainment. When there is advertisement in Sun TV I change and watch some other channel but he cant wait he will say change to Sun TV. At 7 pm. he wants to watch news in SunTV and if I am watching something interesting also hewill say change to Sun TV.

He remembers in detail whatever happened years back and entertains people. I cant remember in detail whatever happened years back.

Ok me stop our puranam here , othewise you will get bored. Now you only have to decided whether we are made for each other or not

Happy Valentine's day to all my dearies

3 people like this.

2. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima , Belated Wedding anniversary wishes for u..
    Nice to see you back in action..

3. vishuni

vishuni Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijima..

Through out your post I can see your love towards him.Your happily married for 39 years thats shows us how great lovers you both are.

As your husband is so caring for everyone,you will like a Queen for him.

I wish your love for each other day by day .

cheers,
    vishuni

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka
    My belated wishes for many more happy returns of your wedding day!
    My wedding day is Jan 25th :).

What a sweet way of expressing your love, admiration, and respect fornyour husband Vijiakka! Yes it is so trues that opposite poles attract. You have written how you and your husband differ yet those differences are immaterial when the bond of love is good and strong.

Made be happy akka! thanks for sharing!

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

My dear Nihasvin, Vishuni and Kamala thanks for your good wishes and your sweet fb.

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty......
    This post is the right vitamin for me today...:):):)...You have shared your life...and how you and mama complement each other ....and support each other.....respecting the differences.....
    Thanks for this sweet lesson on life...on valentine's day.......:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    Belated W.Anniversary wishes to you and your dh..
    Nice way of expressing the love both of you have for each other, through adjustments that come on the way..and not standing in either one's way, to do their job, perfectly.

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Bhargavi dear I was thinking why only less fbs , glad you came and made my day.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Srini dear you made my day by giving fb to my thread. I was disappointed that only 3 fbs to my post Thanks