1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is as you perceive it

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 12, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Don't tell anyone about your troubles. Half of them don't care, and the other half are glad it happened to you. McDaniel

The grass is always greener on the other side. People always think that other people are happier than them. Those women who are at home think that working women are lucky they spend their day time in office and have less work at home. They dont know that they have to answer to their boss in the office and at home their husband. Working women have to leave their children at home and go for work. Earlier women used to go to work because they need money but now a days all women are well educated and want to hold a big post. Present women enjoy working.

Older couples who are alone with their children being abroad miss them. They feel if they are with their children they can take rest and also daughter in law will be there to assist them in the work. Others who are with their children feel those couples are lucky to be alone because they are busy with their children and dont get rest.

Its all in each one's thought. We should be happy with whatever we get and satisfied with that.

There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.

- Alexandre Dumas

6 people like this.

2. justlife

justlife Silver IL'ite

Good analysis, and somewhere I can feel your grief as well.

Everything is all about perspective, hence the varying opinions and varying reactions of individuals.

3. namrathamorab

namrathamorab Gold IL'ite

Hi Vijima.. got read your post after a really long time.. and what an amazing timing, i was just cribbing about why people dont understand what problems I am facing despite being told to them... but after reading your post I feel endurance is defn a better option..

4. iyerviji

Justlife dear thank you for your first and fast fb and your loving message

5. iyerviji

Namratha dear glad to see you here and to know my post brought a eeling that endurance is definitely a better option. thanks for your loving fb

6. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

Like you said, everything has two two sides to it. Its upto us to choose what we want.

No event or circumstance is good or bad. Its our reaction to them that makes them good or bad for us.

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Its all in each one's thought. We should be happy with whatever we get and satisfied with that.

There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more.

I liked the above lines Viji... good thoughts to begin my week with :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

100% True.. and nicely written well thought post..

Everyone should have these lines in mind before worrying about everything that we have in life...

1 person likes this.
  9. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Dear Iyerviji,
    You are really trying to raise my good spirits and my understanding of the world or circumstances. I was thinking of the same things for the past few months and now I happened to see the same thoughts flourishing on this page.

Well said. None will understand anyone. Everyone is busy with their own thinsg of life and never much bothered about others. So there is no need to explain our troubles to anyone too. If we project ourselvess happy, I think atleast some people might think that we are leading a happy life. We can atleast be happy that way, since people think good about us even though we might have our own problems.

There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more.

Beautifully said.

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very good thoughts Vijima. I love the Hindi couplet which says:

Har kisi ko mukammal jahan nahi milta
    Kabhi zamin to Kabhi aasmaan nahi milta.

meaning no one gets everything in life. Sometimes the ground is missing, sometimes the sky.

So we just have to learn to be happy with whatever we have and be grateful we have that. As they say the other side of the fence is always greener. Only when you go across, this side starts to look greener.

3 people like this.