1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life I Tell You, Can Be So Wonderful - As Wonderful As We Make It To Be!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I always smile when I think of Dr.Dyer's "Your friends are God's apology for your relatives!" What a blessing friends are indeed! I have a friend who even in my most of difficult emotional conundrums always tell me "Illamma.....and ending with but look at it from that persons perspective ya!" I always start with wanting to smack her right in the face but end up with a "Thank God I have you to put a different perspective for me". Now I seek her out to talk my problems especially when I know that somebody I am having conflict is important to me and I cannot let our conflict escalate and end up telling this friend "I knew I will be grounded after talking with you". I have another who starts with a "Ennaya idu!" and goes off at a tangent making me forget what I had started but somehow giving me an insight that is helpful to me eventually. Then there is this another who rolls up her sleeves with a "Do you want me to go Jersey on them dear?" (Colloquial way of saying she will take care of my supposed detractors!) to the next one who reminds me that I am a yes person, while another friend always feels I don't think of her as friend at all! And then all those acquaintances who think they are friends! If you think I don't have a friend who is philosophical, think again! She always goes with "I don't even know why you think so much. Just be!" Just as I begin my day thinking of all these wonderful people, in another group one shares a video of a "Art on pencil heads" you know someone creating art work at the tip of a pencil head. While a couple of them give a thumbs up, the artist of the group goes "Wow! How creative!" While the down to earth one goes "Now we can't use those pencils" while the observer goes "That is the practical one talking" and 'your's truly' here decides to write about it, with glee thanking the Universe just knowing they are all there in my life first thing in the morning!

Now talking of that same Universe, you know the other day just as I start my run, I stop in my tracks as I watch the Sun rise. I was mesmerized and a friend of mine who was with me goes "Okay, one of those phases for this girl" and slows down as well. I take pictures and I am stunned seeing the different ways Sun light plays and is reflected back.

Untitled.jpg

- from a cloud that soaks up the gold shining back, to the other clouds that take on a hue and decide to float serenely to the other end that seems to enjoy all of this peacefully! For a moment while I do think of Rumi and his "What you seek is seeking you," I cannot help but feel "Same Sun but different shades of light - it is always in the receiver", not to mention of the darkness prevalent elsewhere but the same sun reminding there will be light alright!

It is at moments like these, I think of God in the sense of who created all this and why. I feel a yearning to know that God just like the way I feel at times when I think of Richard Bach or Rumi. And then just like how I feel that meeting my heroes might ruin my perception of them, they are better off being just in my mind and in that one aspect where they seem to reach me, I do think I am better off not knowing that God. He is perfect the way he is, with all the human qualities and frailties that we attribute to him. Perhaps he, in his original form may be boring after all especially for a person like me who can see the drama so vividly unfolding all around her and in her!

With that I come home with a smile to a DH who is ready to head out for the day, kids still fast asleep and Toby, my pup at the door waiting for me having heard the garage open. I see his sweet face and wagging tail and think of the time when I wanted to name him Yogi! I had gotten an earful back then and so decided to name him Toby. And guess what, a year into Toby's life, I hear a baby named Tobias for the first time which when shortened becomes Toby! Life I tell you, can be so wonderful - as wonderful as we make it to be!

Kamla, Viswamitra, kelly1966 and 11 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True Sabita dear life is wonderful and it is in our hands to make it more wonderful

I typed this fb from my mobile

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
    Rihana, sindmani and Srama like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Always a pleasure to hear from you Viji aunty! Means a lot to me. Thank you!

iyerviji likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Awww...Sabitha, such a lovely piece. You are so right.

You are a living example of this Sabitha. You see beauty all around and that beauty does not elude you. It chases you up almost as if it wants to be noticed and talked about so eloquently by you.

Loved that collage! Such beautiful colours!

Kamla, vaidehi71, Srama and 2 others like this.
  5. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@Srama :)
    Nice post on life is wonderful and it is in our hands to make it more wonderful.
    Beautiful ful images.:)

Srama likes this.
  6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful pictures.....

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You are so sweet Satchi but I know that you will also be rooted to the ground if you came for that morning walk with me. Come! And you are right, no matter how I feel, I hear the world around me and it is such a blessing I tell you. Two three hours of bad thoughts can get erased in just a moment of something like this. Now I know why it is so hard to stay in bliss all the time. It is best enjoyed in little chunks!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Kamla, Lathasv and satchitananda like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Latha for your words :)

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you @kcb!, Pratyusha!

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,
    "What you seek is seeking you....." is the best sentence in the whole snippet. I am not saying it in a philosophiical or spiritual sense but in our way of thinking or for the matter of fact living. A simple flower or something simple can elevate our mood and perspective of life. After stress for the whole day how would find relief in watching a sunset with all the hues of sky (as in your pictures) or even small kids playing around...it can be anything! God has created all the simple things and simple pleasures for us. He knows what we go through in life sometimes. They make us feel that life is wonderful with all its hues and colours.What a great planner he is!!!!
    Syamala

Lathasv and Srama like this.