1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life as I dream

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Feb 24, 2012.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Hi People,

This is going to be my maiden attempt in writing in english. I'm planning to post a chapter per week. Do give me your valuable feedback & support.

The story revolves around Sandya and her life. Initial part will be around her campus life , love & batch mates.

Chapter-1

“Do you want anything else?” asked Ragavi

“No . Are you up for a walk? Can we go tojuicy before going back to rooms” I asked.

“By all means. Hey what did that guy ask you while givingthe change?” she questioned

“Who that dhaba guy? He asked when ourexams will be over” I replied immediately.

“oh-ho. I guess we should add him to the list of guy who fancies you” she shouted

“For the n th time Ragavi I’m not happy atthe prospect of dhaba guy, canteen worker, mess-in charge fancying me. Tell mesomebody nice and good, I will try to rejoice.” I shouted back.

“Sandya! , when will you learn to cross theroad properly? You almost dashed into that bicycle” Ragavi said mockingly.

“One day I will” I replied. We reached maingates of our campus NIT-Trichy. I & Ragavi are doing our MBA first year.Doing a management degree in a college famous for technology, has its own curses. Not many knows NIT’s offer a management degree. But it’s the bestcollege, I was able to get. So do my 60 batch mates.

“Hey look! see Preethi and Kamesh walking hand-in-hand ” Ragavi exclaimed.

“What she found a new boy friend. Only lastweek, she dumped Naresh isn’t” I replied.

“Sandya, what makes you think he is her boy-friend? They can be just friends right?” Ragavi replied sounding irritated.

Problem with Ragavi is she won’t believethat two people are in love unless they come and declare their love for eachother in front of her. But I don’t blame her. She hasn’t seen any lovers in college/school. She has done her schooling in top girl’s school, B.Com in a girl’s college. She has once told me that while going for tuition also, she went in a girl’s batch. So this is the first time, she is studying in the co-education college. When she has joined the college, she was bit shy talking with the guys. Now she is okay.

“Hi Girlies, Had dinner?” asked Kamesh. I noticed, Preethi looking irritated to stop near us. Preethi is our department senior. I guess she hates us for various reasons. Many of our batchgirls run to seniors rooms, ask advice, pick up gossip etc. There are few girls who can’t stand our senior girls. I and Ragavi are certainly in the second category. But anyways senior guys do like usand acknowledge us wherever they spot us.

“Yes.” Replied Ragavi. “Going to juicy now”she added.

“Okay. Catch you later. You only have45-mins more. Come on Preethi” they both hurried away.

I started walking faster. We have only- 45minutes more for our hostel gates to close. If we are late, we have to give some explanation to our beloved warden. This is a constant irritation. I mean who loves to come and give night attendance at hostel. Even if we fall asleep by mistake, we have to give some explanation letter next day. I started to ask something to Ragavi whom I find is trailing behind.

“Dumbo, walk fast” I shouted to Ragavi who was walking very slow watching in some other direction.

“Look that’s Kabita. She is with a new mysterious guy today” sheretorted.

That was Kabita unmistakably with some other guy in the bike. Kabita is our batch mate. She is shy with girls. I havenever seen her talking with anybody not even with her roommate Bindu. But she always goes around with guys. She chooses guys who can afford to buy her lunch/dinner, take her around in bike. (Yeah! Girls are not permitted to use bikes/scooters. Only bi-cycles are allowed)

“That leaves only me” said Ragavi

“What?” I asked. Okay I understood before she answered.

Ragavi is bit worried about not having a boy-friend. In a campus like NIT it’s hard to find anybody without boy-friend. Especially in our MBA there are very few girls compared to guys. So most girls find boy-friend , within few monthsof entering campus. There are very few like me and Ragavi who are singles.

“It’s okay Ragavi. Having a boy- frienddoesn’t prove anything” I retorted

“You won’t understand, Sandya, You won’t“ said Ragavi. She looks as if she is going to cry. Thankfully we reached juicy ordered our usual Date juice (me) and Papaya juice (Ragavi).

Now I’m irritated. How can Ragavi say I have a boyfriend? I know she means my distance cousin only. But I’m not sure about him. Am I? No use arguing about it.

We make it back to hostel before our dead-line. Our hostel-room is as welcoming as home. I have scribbled romantic lines/poems in the wall, which I feel quite proud of. I mean when I have urge to write poems, I don’t care where I write. Bless Ragavi for tolerating me asher room-mate.

2 people like this.

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A good start...Blackbeauty.... Waiting for the next post.....

Shanti

3. blackbeauty84

Thanks shanti. Glad you liked it.

4. guna36

guna36 New IL'ite

hiiii so nice hope to nxt part soon.....

5. JananiSubbu

JananiSubbu Silver IL'ite

hi...
    i think this should be a good college story...

6. blackbeauty84

Thanks Guna. Yeah will post next part in few days

7. blackbeauty84

Yes Janani. Initial part of the story revolves around college...

8. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

I think this should be a wonderful college story.. Super start.. Waiting for the next queue.

9. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

nice start blackbeauty.....

looking forward to more chapters from your story :)

10. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

Interesting to read.. waiting for the next episodes :)