1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life As I Dream- Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Apr 2, 2012.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Vineeth’s dad was true to his words. Vineeth’s mom has left to Singapore & Yams is deployed in Bangalore for a short project.
    & my life ….looks like there’s some hope.
    Vineeth spends time with me. Though he doesn’t agree with lot of things I say, at least he’s listening. That’s a positive start. When I told him I’m unhappy in this marriage, he was in shock. He said he is quite
    happy & couldn’t accept things are not right between us. I took couple of days leave, so that I can spend time with him.
    I went back to office on Friday; Sheela my manager conveyed that they have planned for team dinner that day. Though I wanted to join, I said I will not be able to join. So far after marriage Vineeth never approved me going to meet my friends or relatives. Though he comes from office after nine, he doesn’t like if I’m late from office. But Sheela was persistent. She was also Vineeth manager, when he was working in this company. She has arranged for some drop facility & told me that I can reach home by maximum Ten thirty.
    I called up Vineeth & told him I’m going for team dinner. He just said okay & asked when I will be back. I was bit ashamed for arguing with Sheela for a long time.
    Around 4’0 clock in the evening:
    I got a call from Vineeth
    “Hi Sandya. Where are you?”
    “In office. Why Vineeth?”
    “Why don’t you come home now. Let’s go to temple & go out for dinner….”
    “I told you there’s a team dinner today and I have to….”
    “Okay okay, when are you starting?”
    “Around six thirty….”
    “Ok catch you later..”
    Around 6’0 clock in the evening:
    Again a call from Vineeth
    “Hi Sandya. Still in office”
    “Yes”
    “Just come to main gate”
    “What? You are there?”
    “Yes. Come fast”
    “Hi Vineeth. Going somewhere?”
    “Yes. Get into the car. Let’s go out somewhere. Feel like spending time with you…”
    “Are you crazy?Of all the days you choose this day to spend time with me..Have you ever come home earlier than nine? Why today of all ..”
    “That’s work. This is just a social outing. You can decline it. I don’t want you to attend this…”
    “Why Vineeth? Why shouldn’t I?”
    “You have to spend more time with family…”
    “I don’t have a crying baby or ailing person to take care Vineeth. All I’m going to do at home is sit & talk to you. We can do that tomorrow…..”
    “So you won’t respect me….You asked me to spend time with you..Now when I’m…”
    “Why are you torturing me ? I have a life outside. I begged for your time last eight months, you never listened to me….”
    “I can’t explain more. Do whatever is right…”
    “Okay Vineeth..I’ll be home by ten-thirty.”
    “You won’t listen to me then….”
    I didn’t reply to Vineeth & came back inside to office. I know that’s rude. But he is forcing me to do that. What’s wrong if I go out for a day? Is he suspecting me? He’s like this even I visit my parents.
    Around 8 at night:
    That was Vineeth again…
    “Hi Sandya. Enjoying?”
    “Yes Vineeth. Where are you? Reached home is it? I have asked the cook to prepare your favorite item today”
    “You still feel what you are doing is correct, Sandya?”
    I excused myself and came to washroom.
    “Vineeth. What do you want? Just do things as you say is it?”
    “Isn’t this basic respect one give to elders?”
    “Stop this. I’ll come back & talk to you. I’m totally pissed off with you…..”
    “My mom is right. You don’t have any respect towards….”
    “Mom? Okay. I got it. It’s your mom who is behind this….”
    “Sandya…One more word against mom….”
    “Bye. I’m not ready to talk to you. “
    I cried my heart out. I took me some time to come back to normal & join the dinner. If he had told one genuine reason, I wouldn’t have come to dinner. But all he requires is blind obedience from me, when he doesn’t even respect my feelings.

My colleague dropped me at door step around 10.15. I tried my keys, but Vineeth seems to have bolted another lock from inside.Has he done this by mistake? I’m ringing the bell for last fifteen minutes, but no response. I tried Vineeth’s mobile, his line is busy. Landline seems to be dead.
    Ten minutes later..
    No response so far. Neighbor comes out of the house and asks whether I want to come inside their house. I politely declined the offer and waited. Shiela has sent a message asking whether I have reached home safely. What do I answer? What to do? I’m standing at road. Should I take an auto & go to my parent’s house?
    In a fit of anger I dialed Vineeth parent’s number in Singapore. It must be one’o clock in the night. But line is busy? Whom are they talking to past midnight? Yes it must be…
    I dialed Vineeth’s dad mobile. He answered after a long time.
    “Sandya. What happened? Do you know what time....”
    “Mama why is your landline busy?”
    “Vijaya is talking to…”
    “Find out if it is Vineeth on other end…If it is ask him to open the door…”
    “Yes it was Vineeth. He will open the door…” he responded after a long time.
    “Thanks”
    “Sandya…Look why are you late?...”
    “Your son has just opened the door. Let me go inside before he locks again. Ask your wife she will know where I have been…And remember if anything happens to me tonight………”
    “Sandya….”
    I ended the call. Went inside the room & locked it. How can a person not hear doorbell for last one hour? I told him so many times that I’ll be back by ten-thirty. Why was he on phone, not picking my call? He didn’t even bother to check whether I have reached safely? Will he care for me? What protection I have? What if someone has kidnapped or …No I can’t take it anymore.
    Vineeth banged the room door for a long time asking me to open it. I didn’t budge. I didn’t sleep too. I called my brother in Australia and told him everything from the beginning.
    “Sandya. Look you are calling me after eight months of marriage & giving a list of problems”
    “Yes I should have told you before. Everything’s over….”
    “You are very emotional today…”
    “No I don’t have any emotions left. Probably this is…”
    “Don’t take any decisions now.”
    “Probably there’s no other option. It got to end today….”
    “Take a deep breath…..Now, Please listen to me. Just go home for couple of days. Take any decision after that”
    “Do you think Vineeth is going to allow me… He will fight till my energy is drained..I can’t take it any more…”
    “No he won’t allow. He will try his best to block you..But please go home..shall I ask appa to come & take you home…”
    “No…I will manage…”
    “Sandya, I will give a call in one hour… Please go home…You are very emotional now..Don’t take any decision now…”
    As expected, Vineeth didn’t allow me to go. We argued for three hours. My brother kept following over phone… And at last I came out of the house.

Stay tuned to find out what's going to happen next

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

What sort of husband is this?? I'm sorry Blackbeauty but I think I've read a dose too many of stories where the guys seems to inflict emotional torture on their female partners. This is getting a little overwhelming for me and I don't think I can comment further on this :-(

Will read quietly the story from now on :shhh:

3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

:confused2: Sorry, was the post meant for me? What is MR?

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Why do men take woman for granted?? Good that God has given lots of strength to control such nusicance......

But I still feel Vineet's dad need to do something about this......
    It is easy to break the marriage but very difficult to join it back.......

There a some females too who behave like Vineet and torture those poor guys.....

5. blackbeauty84

Sofea..No more tortures in the story. Probably at a later point, I will tell why few emotions are intense in few chapters

6. blackbeauty84

Completely Agree with you Arunarc. Lot of men & women do things like these in the name of possessiveness. They don't understand the pain inflicted on one's partner..

7. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

OMG!!!!!! What's wrong with Vineeth.... what sort of husband he is..... Really terrible...

Shanti

8. ramyasuresh

ramyasuresh Silver IL'ite

while in love people dont see the possesiveness or whole thing about another. after marriage problem arises. hope sandya leads a peaceful life witha bold decision

9. blackbeauty84

sadly yes...

10. blackbeauty84

Yes Ramya. All the problems which appears seemingly small while in love gets magnified 100% post marriage..