1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life After Second Baby

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by fourthaugust, Feb 21, 2017.

1. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Hello ILs

My life is upside down after the second baby. I am too much sleep deprived and tired always. Have maids to help but they cant replace the lady of the house. I have become more like a zombie. My question is when will my life come back to track if it will.
    When does the life become simple again after the second child.
    I am desperate to find an answer.

2. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

From my second pregnancy till i stopped breastfeeding .... 3 years approximately..
    I took me 3 years to get the proper sleep which I used to. Being a mother is very hard.. and thts y its said in a holy book
    Paradise lies at your mothers feet...

fourthaugust likes this.
  3. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

uh my god...it is soo difficult..3 years .wow...cant imagine now that every single day is a fight.

4. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Sleep whenever u can. Don't waste time on Facebook, WhatsApp, internet. Allot just 10 to 15 mints for net. U will get ample time for yourself if you don't surf net.

yellowmango likes this.
  5. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

My second one cat naps throughout the day
    sleeps only for 20mins at a time. and night time never sleeps for 2 hours wakes up cries feeds...so you can imagine my condition..cant sleep much

6. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Do u spend time on net. How much on aversge. just a matter of one two months. Give good oil massage n bath to baby if weather is good. Give good massage to baby in the evening too. Babies nicely sleep for 2 hours after a massage. Feed well so that baby doesn't get up hungry often. You also eat healthy nutritious food. A friend of mine never looked into he Fb WhatsApp till her kid was 1.5 year old. Set some standards for yourself.all these pains disco mfort are temporary.

7. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

I give him massage and bath daily morning and evening,...but still no change being at home most of the time with almost zero social life...I guess I deserve little time on internet otherwise I will surly go insane...all day by myself with an infant and very talkative preschooler who keeps bringing germs from school gets sick twice every month and so does my infant

8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

My first one was like that - waking up very 20 min day or night. Lack of sleep totally wrecked havoc in our lives. We need and deserve our sleep or we just can't function. We didn't want to let the baby cry and sleep train her but it didnt work. We became a dysfunctional family.
    Until I bit the bullet and sleep trained her around 8 months nothing worked. With a second child it becomes more difficult because you have your first one to take care of. Check out baby whisperer s sleep training methods. Get your husband on board and tailor it for your family.. with consistency, it will turn your life around. Trust me. If your child is a couple of months old you can start. Later it is the more difficult but still doable.

fourthaugust likes this.
  9. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

could you give me some tip on sleep train the baby