Letter To The Bank From A 98 Year Old Woman (gotta Love It)

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by meenaprakash, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

about fun..

Dear Meena,

Why that madam and all ?? I want to be included in your group and do not want any special respect, just acceptance. That's all.
    The forwarded message was too good. I would also like to do something like that to the BSNL people for their Sangamam call centre.
    Latha

2. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Meena
    Thats a beautiful post....
    We all have to learn so much from that brave and courageous lady!
    Sometimes, I'll scold them when I was waiting for a long time in phone-banking. Even then, they will continue...:cry:
    Good post!

Gayathri.

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meena,

Yes. It is very courageous of the lady. In a Sydney Sheldon novel,'If tomarrow comes' I think, the heroin with the help of friends will do a daring act of simultaneously withdrawing money and driving the bank crazy. On a humourous note, i would like to share here author Stephen Leecock's experience on banking. He is an old English gentleman. He once heard that in his town an institution called bank has come. He found out from people who said that bank is a place where your money will be safe and it will grow with interest. So, he dresses in suit and reaches the bank. He tells the receptionist that he wants to open an account. Seeing his dress, she thinks he must be a wealthy man and so, takes him to the Manager. Manager receives him well and offers him seat and starts listing the various schemes the bank is having for putting his money. At the end, Manager asks him how much he wants to deposit. Stephen says 'Ten quid'. Immediately, manager rings the bell for the clerk and asks the clerk to attend to him. The clerk gives several forms to be filled which Stephen painstakingly does. The clerk then takes the ten quid note from him, opens her drawer and puts it where it gets mixed up with other notes. Seeing this, Stephen gets alarmed. He tells the clerk,'I heard that my money will be safe, but now how you will find my money if I want it back'. The clerk says,'Don't worry, sir your money will be safe'. Stephen still is not satisfied. The clerk says,'You can withdraw your money whenever you want'. Stephen brightens and says, 'Is it? Then I would like to withdraw my money'. The clerk gets amused and says,'Sir, the bank requires minimum balance of ten quids and if you withdraw it amounts to closing your account. Stephen gets more edgy and syas,'Nothing doing, I want my money back'. The clerk says ,'It is o.K, if you want your money back' and gives him one more set of forms to fill as he is now closing the account. Stephen fills the forms and the clerk returns 9 pounds and fifity pence. Stephen is shocked and asks why 50 pence has been deducted. The clerk says it is bank charges for opening and closing the account. So, finally Stephen comes out of the bank thinking what they said about the bank is not true. First of all the money is not safe, it gets mixed up and it does not grow.

Regards,

TDU

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: I beg to contradict!

I would like to put a "Ditto" to whatever you have said .Ofcourse the letter made funny reading .We can empathise with the old lady for the ordeal she went through.I am sure after her problems were set right, she herself would have had a hearty laugh over her letter to the bank manager!

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: about fun..

I remember , as a school girl in class IX I used to go to the bank since both my parents were working and they used to send me for drawing cash etc. The service at the bank made me write a letter to them giving them advice about good customer service.That was an anonymous letterI wrote because I was scared that if I signed my name, they would find out and inform my parents! Till date my parents do not know about it! Ofcourse there was no improvement in service!

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

There was only one nationalised bank near my mother's place. Recently another bank opened theirs. The bank took all its customers for granted. All the senior citizens have had tough time. My father refers it as pawn shop and not as a bank. The situation has not changed yet. Of course I fight really hard with my friend who is a manager in private bank about their customer service. He just brushes it off with a laugh.

Will we all get a chance like that old lady? When will it come? Can anybody ans me pls?

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear meena,
    i dont know how i missed out on reading this, reminds me of our canara bank with foul staff who fail to recognise us when we hold accounts from the time the branch opened, i remember a conversation with another friend of mine with an account in the same bank, we had to wait for so many verifications and my friend mr.Boppiah, said, they make us wait like we have come for alms, whereas we hold accounts with this bank for ages, i replied, the bank knows us but the staff are all new, they r being circulated, still,boppiah said the records are here, then i told him, yeah, they recognise out money and not us...at this the staff got very angry....and we could only laugh at them....i wish i could do something like this lady to the bank....regards sunkan

8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Gayathri,

this was an old thread and I was infact surprised to see this one making rounds now. yes, such brave and courageous ladies do inspire us.
    glad you liked this post of mine.

Love,

9. meenaprakash

Dear TDU,

Glad you liked this post of mine.
    I loved reading author Stephen Leecock's experience on banking. toooo good.
    I've heard from friends that, in the west, anyone who enters the bank gets royal treatment till the time his/her name flashes for any wrong doing but here in the east, everyone who enters gets the worst treatment till they prove good financial standing, what a contrast....

Regards,

10. meenaprakash

Dear Sunkan,

I do agree with you. we had a diff prob with our bankers - they couldn't trace the deposit amt and to our surprise the amt had travelled to a diff branch where we didn't have any account. luckily, we knew the top brass and after a chat with them the local guys took teh matter seriously and all the formalities was done in lightning speed and matter got solved. now, every time we enter the bank, we get such royal treatment - right from the door to the manager's room, everyone of them welcome us.... after that incident - it kind of proved their worth.
    sometimes, it's scary as to how the future would be.....