1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets us do something daily to improve marriage and post here

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ushash, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ushash

ushash Silver IL'ite

Hi I am going to spice up my relationship with husband. I want to improve my marriage life. With a baby in hand I am busy. But let me do something daily to improve relationship and post here.
    Today I woke up earlier , got dressed up , cooked delicious breakfast. My husband was surprised as he always sees me in pyjama. He appricated that atleast today i changed to s good kurthi.
    Evening I am planning to go for walk along with hubby leaving baby to my mom.
    Any one want to join me in trying to improve relation. Let us post watever we try and let us post reactions too

13 people like this.

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Good effort!

1 person likes this.
  3. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

An effort , worth appreciating !

1 person likes this.
  4. HeartHealer

HeartHealer Guest

Hi ushash,

Great and good effort. Take some steps forward, your husband will take few. If things don't work out or fall apart, we are here to bring pieces together.

3 people like this.
  5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Ushash,

:welcome to IL family,

Great thoughts!!! this takes us a long way through in bonding is what I agree with you,

I prepare dishes which is liked by my Dh and is totally not like by me, I can see him elated that the dish is especially for him, Here it is not the taste bud which reacts, but the thought that it is exclusively for him I have spent devoted time makes him reciprocate the same for me.

Thanks for the thread, May Baba guide you to build your relationship stronger, Best wishes, SAIRAM

4 people like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Just kurthi?

4 people like this.
  7. anutt

anutt Bronze IL'ite

I am trying to spend more time and energy in cooking n cleaning. Earlier i used spend very less time in kitchen so not much cooking..now trying to do more cooking and cleaning for the last month or so... Outcome - I am developing an interest towards household work.. earlier it was just work..hopefully i continue

PS: - I am spending very less time in internet from the last 3 months... that is also helping me in one way as i get to do more work..

4 people like this.
  8. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

naughty....

1 person likes this.
  9. nikitamjain

nikitamjain Silver IL'ite

Interesting :)
    I try to do this sometimes, like give my husband a hug out of the blue, and I always tell him that he looks really handsome when he shaves off his stubble, which i hate :thumbsdown

4 people like this.
  10. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

One of the things my husband and I have really bonded over is food :8)

We are both vegetarian, don't drink aaaannndd he is also allergic to egg. We both enjoy cooking, are currently developing a cooking app and one day hope to open our own restaurant out here.

I always make an effort to make sure none of the food items we purchase for home or even if we're eating out doesn't have egg or has been manufactured in a facility where it may have come into contact with egg.

I'll select dishes or desserts that originate from different parts of the world to learn how to make at home with him. If it has egg or anything, then we'll figure out workarounds for it. Doing so, we have given our tastebuds a trip around the world at home including Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Ethiopian, Vietnamese, Mediterranean, Russian, Thai, Turkish, Finnish, Italian and Mexican cuisine. :) Even desserts like cheesecakes, cupcakes, cakes, pies, s'mores...things that he never had in his life before because they contain gelatin or egg. We're now experimenting with molecular gastronomy.

When we do actually travel, I will research some nearby restaurants that can accommodate his diet, or even bring some food prepared at home (as backup), or items so that we can cook together when we travel (I have portable gadgets that enable us to do this pretty quickly when we're on the go).

He loves that I take the initiative to do these things and never had an issue with it especially since some of his own family members are not nearly as accommodating or attentive about his dietary needs...and even some who criticize him for "adopting" such a difficult diet (his own older brother does this).

Here's a glimpse at some of our culinary adventures all made from scratch!

food_journey.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    10 people like this.