1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royans

royans New IL'ite

Today I had the longest conversation with DH. Oh he does miss the 2 of us terribly. I feel very bad for him missing out on Sera's growth. When he gets back, she's going to wonder 'who is this man!' cos she was very small when he left. He's a darling and will do everything for her sans the feeding bit. So I'm quite lucky that way.

Krithika, I'm not much of a baker... I do bake some times. DH wishes I did it more often. But I am or was (now I'm in my mum's place) a health freak. Anyways, he's my guinea pig. He eats anything & everything... except radish! :rotfl

Its so much fun to read what all of you have to put up with your DHs... :) Yeah, I know that thing about cluttering up the sink. DH used to assist me in the beginning of our married life, when I didn't know a thing about cooking. Now he gets the boot. I call him in to do the cleanup after me! ;-)

Sylvia

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies, everyone ready for another weekend? I am...

Krithika, hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration for little K. Does he know its his birthday? Thanks to the daycare, P can sing the birthday song ("Hap Birday to you...")

Today we go to the hospital where I will deliver for a tour (I switched doctors this time so new hospital).

Vanathi, I too have to hang outside the bathroom when DH is "bathing" P - now a days thankfully P does not want me around when daddy is there (I am the dragon and he can twist appa around his little finger so he says "not you, amma! go back!") So I am taking maximum advantage of that. I have told DH that preference and adoration (is that a word?) comes with a price (like having to change a dirty diaper).

Mangai, good luck with the India trip planning (and packing!)...

Sylvia, its nice you DH eats everything. You don't know what a blessing that is...

3. Priya0425

Priya0425 New IL'ite

Hi moms

Have not logged into IL this whole week and havent been able to say thanks to all the moms who replied to my sob story. Dont know from where these kids get their energy. Vanathi..your dust bin story sounds sooo familiar.
    Anyway this week has been hectic as I have been doing the most painful activity known i.e school hunting. I want to change my older son's school and have been travelling around Chennai going to all the "good schools" but they all have attitude problems. I guess when you get 1000 enquiries for 10 seats then you have the right to throw your weight around.
    But anyway, am still going to visit a couple of schools next week. Lets see.

Cheers to all
    Priya

4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi L,
    How is Manav ? We are planning for 4 weeks trip thats the max vacation days I have.
    Kritikka no eggs for us. Only animal product is cow milk.Even multi vitamin is plant based.Thats y my doc is pushing me to take iron supplement.She is telling the plant based are not getting absorbed.I think I did'nt eat properly for couple of months. I have been having some bad dreams about my fathers health.Almost everyday I wake up with a feeling that he is not feeling well even he is getting irritated since I'm calling him .He told me to stop worrying about him. I'm reading some books to get over my negative thoughts.I know it sounds silly but my mind is making me think all these negative thoughts. I'm in total denial that my parents are getting old.
    Everyone else enjoy u'r weekend.
    Mangai

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Oh Mangai.. do get well soon. This doesn't sound good. I would like to suggest that may be you might want to change your sleeping position. DH believes a lot in Vaasthu and he changed A's bed. Ever since he has been sleeping well. May be you should write to 'Malspie' about a good position for you.

Krithika,

I tried multi-quoting... doesn't work. When i click that logo it turns orange and that's it. Please step-by-step instructions:hide:.

DH left for Frankfurt this afternoon. A says ya ya when his father explains him that he'll not come home tonight. But come bed time he's back to where is appabonk. Anyways after a loooong time we both had a good bed-time routine. We had quite time for 1/2 hr, painted, then changed to pyjamas, i read a book to him and he went to sleep in his bed. For sure middle of the night he'll sneak into my bed but that's fine.

Know what we both went to buy pencil for DH (among other things) and this shop had 'kambi mathappu' (what is it in english?)... 10 for 30 cents, not bad right? A was thrilled to light that. Tomorrow i'm going to buy lots more. I thought he'd get scared but nope.. he said it was fun to hold fire in his hands LOL!

Good night everyone. I'm going to watch 'The Geisha' again... i like the colours in the movie.

Latha

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Latha, I have the same issue - but I figured you can right-click the single quote button, have it open in a new window and copy paste the relevant section including the {quote} ... {/quote} Do that for as many messages you want. I copy paste them all to the quick reply window. That works.

Happy movie watching!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Lav, Raj,

I have posted the chocolate-nuts cake (for small loaf tin) recipe in 'share your favourite recipe' thread. I'll post the other one tomorrow.

Latha

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

This thread moves crazy, hard to keep track of!! I am having nightmare of days nowadays with Riya. She has sniffles and on top of that I think she is teething. I don't feel anything on her gums yet, but poor thing is miserable about something. Very fussy, clingy and crying most of the time. No naps and waking up atleast 3 to 4 times a night crying!!! Either she's teething, or hitting her milestone (walking independently) or both. I also think that my breastmilk supply is going down which I am not too worried about but that's also making the situation a whole lot difficult Fun!! bonk

Hi Sylvia, I don't know if I said hi and welcomed you yet. You will have lot of fun here. Not fun when husbands have to travel much. Mine is going to be gone for a month (maybe more) starting Jan and I am already very nervous about that. Don't like it a bit. I have no idea how I am going to handle two demanding dogs, a toddler and the household. bonk

Latha, it's called 'sparklers' in English. Correct me people if I am wrong. :)

Guys, when you click on the 'multi-quote' icon it will turn orange, like Latha said, and the little plus sign on it will turn into a minus sign. So click as many of those as you want (however many msgs. you want to multi quote) and when you are all done, just hit the 'Post Reply' button. It too me a while to figure it out too. :hide: There could be a shortcut that I am not aware of, but this is how I do it.

Thanks Latha, I'll check it out.

Raj

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Me too :hiyaDid you like the hospital? I so hope A grows up to be like that - then I can finally get some time-off!

OMG - thats like the world's worst activity - hope you get a school you like and that likes you back :)

I like that one too.

Absolutely - no shortcuts Raj - thats the only way. (((hugs))) to you and Riya too - hope she teeths and starts walking soon....

DH is going out for a Guys Night Out tonight - so it will be me and a movie "vaaranam Aayiram" - should be fun!

V.

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hey girls,

Me and kids slept a bit too long (woke up at 8.30:crazy) so A had to miss his english class. We'll make it to the christmas market at 3 though. I should not forget the camera todaybonk.

Raj,

I did do that. When I hit 'post reply' the window opened with the message to quote (in my case only one reply not many). But i didn't understand how to insert my replies with the quoted messages in between (like how you have done). To be precise i answered a mom who wants to start solid food. My reply also appeared within the quotesDrowning. I should try when i'm brightly awake to figure that out.

DH will return late tonight. So no dinner for him. Y'day me and A had dinner together at 6 and he was thrilled. Generally at this time little A would be crying (as all babies do when mommy wants to eat or poo) but y'day she was sleeping:) Again this morning we had b'fast together. I'm changing my ways with A as the therapist suggested before. Like giving him attention for, say, 10 minutes at a stretch and then explaining him that i must work for some time. It does work. See now i'm typing and he's painting with no 'why's'.

Raj,

I was thinking with Riya as well, it is not too early to introduce the time concept. may be you can have a sand-clock or something similar to make her understand that you'll come back to her after completing a task.

have a great week-end girls!
    Latha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.