1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets make crafty Days

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by prana, Apr 11, 2013.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Prabha!!!

2. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Sorry, for the very late reply mam....

And thanks a ton for the beautiful words...

3. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

Amazing work by. Mommy n kid..loved all of them..

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Aryashi for your lovely words and likings...

your signature line is too good...

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

The recent school project we did ....
    Instead of sticking the pictures, I drew them...

ooof.....In the second segment, instead of writing as 'e' sound, I wrote it as 'b' sound...Blame it on my Dh, who was talking with me when I wrote it(escape) :rant...So did the patch work for it and sent it to the school today morning...:bonk

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  6. Tavishi25

Tavishi25 Gold IL'ite

Very nice....
    Ur cursive writing is very neat..
    We did ur first project pen holder ,but coming to the base its not glueing,many times i should stick .any suggestions?

7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Tavishi, for trying my project..yeah it was easily stuck when we did..try with some strong adheisives/hot glues...try it ...

1 person likes this.
  8. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hi

Just saw your post today. Even I am always eagerly looking out for craft activities to do with my kiddo. I liked the idea of paperbead chain very much as well as the origami frog one. Hmm something to do when the next holiday season arrives, Diwali vacations. Also idea of letting them do simple rangoli designs. They can do whatever they want. I usually let her paint or draw and color. Rangoli will be an interesting thing for her I guess.

Ideas from my end that I used last year. I like recycling things. Last year during Christmas time she saw a Christmas tree at someone's house with stars, balls and different hangings and she wanted a Christmas tree full with presents of her own. I cut out star shapes, ball shapes, and little boxes covered in wrapping paper. I let her color the stars and then we glued different shades of glitter. I let her put on glue and the glitter(used a newspaper and just sprinkled on the glitter). Then we glued in thread so that we could hang it. Finally hung it on a small pine tree (kind of looks like a Christmas tree) in our garden. She had fun decorating the stars, balls and presents and best of all we used all material lying around the house.

If the cardboard boxes are bigger we use one side of the box as a background and either draw/paint or stick different things on it.

Will try to post one that was entirely her idea. Once I gave her the cardboard piece and asked her what she wanted to do with it she said that she wanted to make birds nests and eggs. Birds and nests I made from a little hard paper lying around the house(almost like chart paper) I had some homemade chocolate wrappers too (don't worry they were clean enough) from which we cut out oval eggs. Since we had three different colors of wrappers we made three birds each with their own eggs and nests. There were many eggs and I thought she would paste the eggs side by side and mother bird at one end. To my surprise I saw her glueing the eggs right behind mother bird. I asked her why she did that and why not side by side. She replied to me that mama birds is sitting on all the eggs for them to hatch. If she sits on one bird the other eggs will get cold. They need to stay warm for them to hatch. That reminded me she had watched a video a few days earlier in which mother duck sits on the eggs to hatch and then baby ducks come out.

I think I have switched on the recycling button in her and now she wants everything to be recycled. :D Nowadays I have to tell her that we do need to throw some stuff and some stuff cannot be recycled.

4 people like this.
  9. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

SW, so sweet of your girl...how old is she..really admiring the kids' observation...

thanks for sharing your ideas..now we have 10 days holidays..she is nudging me to do some crafts..but poor mom, couldnt find time...anyway would do something and share it here...

please share your & kid's work too...eagerly waiting to see them....

thanks for stepping in here....

10. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

She is 4.5 years now. One photoframe I made recently with her. This is made from the packaging of a mobile hard cover that we received. She picked out thermocol balls from one side stuck it on the frame and then colored using sketch pen. Also stuck some pink colored stones that we had at hand.