Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

Hope it did not come out as being defensive.

I was presenting myself as a viable candidate should @sokanasanah have any plane software designing contracts to award :neutral::flushed:

kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

But the test pilot and co-pilot died! You killed them! Have you no heart? Are they expendable?!!:yikes:
    Anyway I'm just kidding.:lol:
    I see that the Prez has grounded the Boeing 737 Max aircraft. I feel better already.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Gauri03 likes this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Consider yourself inducted into the neurite club! Post without qualms. :beer-toast1:

4. Gauri03

You did!

5. Gauri03

Oh he did? Glad to know that. Was getting jittery about my vacation plans. I was thinking of calling the airline to check which plane I'd be on.

6. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

Oh yes, as soon as It was leaked that he was not grounding them since he got a personal call from Boeing CEO, he grounded them. For some reason, bad press still affects him

Surprise: Trump Kept 737 Max Jets Flying After Call from Boeing C.E.O.

7. sokanasanah

Wait, wait, wait. I don't want to be spreading fake news. We're awash in it already. :shocked:
    The test pilot/co-pilot thing was a joke, referring to the plane and software that @ano was working on!! No reference to persons real, living or dead.
    :icon_writing:

In any case, I would not fly on that plane if I could avoid it.

On a related note, if I were the CEO of an airline, there's no way in hell I'd order a new 737 Max ever again. Fix or no fix. That software patch can only apply to the planes already bought and paid for. I think that model must be retired if the investigation reveals that the software glitch was to blame. Inherent instability with software supervised dynamic corrections is all well and good for high-performance fighter planes, but not for passenger aircraft.

8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

You are playing this ulta, answers has to be the questions. :tonguewink:

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Answer to Puzzle # 8506

[​IMG]

The answer: "Jeopardy"

I thought I will continue the praise of Alex Trebek started by @Gauri03 through a puzzle to make him happy.

Row 1 - Image 1 - Why can forget Merve Griffin, the media moghul who started the show.

Row 1 - Image 2 - The first show started on March 30, 1964 in NBC.

Row 1 - Image 3 and Row 2- Image 1 - Winner of Daytime Emmy Award and Peabody Award.

Row 2 - Image 3 - Can you believe it won Daytime Emmy Award 33 times?

Row 1 - Image 4 - In 2013, this show was listed in TV guide as 45 out of the 60 greatest shows in American Television History.

Row 1 - Image 5 - Both NBC Version and Weekly Syndicate Version were hosted by Art Flemming.

Row 2 - Image 2 - It completed over 7,000 episodes!

Row 2 - Image 4 - Produced by Sony Pictures.

Alex, We know you are a fighter. There is always a first time. 1 in every 100 contestants gets all the questions right. You can be that 1% in beating Pancreatic Cancer. Hang in their, our thoughts and prayers are with you. We are all big ban of yours and you are the Markandeya of 21st century. We will resist your disease through our prayers.

Credit: @Gauri03, @sokanasanah, @ano and @kaniths.

Clues: "7 p.m. indulgence", "I didn't attempt to reconcile all the clues. It is always dangerous", "A homage to the God of this thread" and "You are playing this ulta, answers has to be the questions"

Viswa

jskls, kaniths, ano and 2 others like this.
  10. sokanasanah

Here's a puzzle brought to mind by some recent discussions.

Interesting person (and group) that most people are probably not familiar with, but a story worth knowing!
    The clues are devastatingly obvious - if you don't overthink it, it should take minutes (seconds?) even if you don't know anything about any of the clues. Some clues confirmatory, not directly informative (if you start from zero, that is). Prior knowledge - partial or complete - always helps, but not required. The puzzle is simply an excuse to talk about interesting things, as always.:wink1:

More clues as requested.
    :beer-toast1:

PS: Forgive the distortions - I wanted to make the puzzle a bit easier, but I was too worried about the edit-window to pay attention to the aesthetics. :frown:

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Gauri03 likes this.