Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Tridalam Trinethram.... Maniratnam and Mammooty love your first pic, Viswa!

Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I will wait for one more day to provide answers unless I hear otherwise. Please let me know if anyone needs more clues.

Viswa

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    I know it has something to do with Shivarathri. Please do not wait for me Viswa. Some issues have crept up at the work place and my mind is constantly ruminating on how to solve it. So am not able to concentrate elsewhere.

4. Viswamitra

Puzzle # 8118 Answer:

[​IMG]

Pashupathinath Temple

1) Image 5 - Row 2 - Bilva to indicate it is something to do with Shiva

2) Image 2 - Row 1 - Cow - You can assume this as Nandi or even the first five letters of the Temple's name or as a clue to indicate Lord of the animals

3) Image 3 - Row 2 - UN World Heritage Site - This Temple is recognized as UN World Heritage site

The word Cow+UN World Heritage Site+Shiva will bring Pashupathinath Temple

The rest of the image are details:

4)Image 3 - Row 1- A photograph of Bagmati River and the Temple is located in the banks of Bagmati River. The constructions on the side of this river should also indicate the country for you.

5) Image 1 - Row 2 - The Pashupati seal, showing a seated and possibly ithyphallic figure, surrounded by animals. The belief is Lord Shiva lived as a Deer near the banks of Bagmati River and therefore he is considered as the Lord of the animals

6) Image 2 - Row 2 - The twelve Jyotirlinga (in India) are the body and the Jyotirlinga at Pashupatinath in Kathmandu (Nepal) is the head over this body. Therefore, I chose God Head image.

7) Image 4 - Row 2 - Lotus flower is a favorite for worshiping Shiva besides Bilva and hence this is again a confirmation this puzzle is about Lord Shiva

8) Image1 - Row 1 - The buildings and street layout of the temple was used in the video game Commandos 2: Men of Courage in one stage of the game, "Target: Burma". Although the game was set in Burma, there were references to Gurkhas, soldiers of Nepali nationality.

Credit: @Gauri03, @kaniths and @butterflyice (look who is here again :)).

Note: This is the second time I have posted a puzzle on Maha Shivarathri Day. @kkrish communicated not to wait for her as she is busy and I missed @sokanasanah, @jskls, @SunPa, @PriyaSrini, @Rihana and @PepperPot. I am not sure whether I missed mentioning anyone here.

Viswa

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    jskls, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I had no idea you meant to hint Nandi! I interpreted the images 1+2 as 'Kamadhenu' (Com from 'Commandos' + Cow)! :lol: :facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    jskls and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Very interesting connection! I never thought of it!

Viswa

kaniths likes this.
  7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Vishwa, I recognized the Mohenjo Daro seal right away. Vague secondary school memories had it filed away in my mind as Indra, but a quick check brought me to Pashupati. However, I could not tell that the flower was a lotus; nor could I figure out what the commandos or the leaves had to do with any of it! :lol:

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I didn't get the commando connection either. I thought you meant beast as in lord of the beasts. :blush: Shiva is the most fascinating deity in the Hindu pantheon. Did you know there is a Gauri ghat on the Bagmati river, not far from Pashupatinath? My grandfather was a great Shiva devotee. Even built a temple to Shiva where active worship goes on to this day. : )

jskls, Viswamitra and SunPa like this.
  9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@Viswamitra
    Sir, I was trying - got the Pashupati temple image., and the cow ( tamil pasu), but the God head I took to be indicate the "third eye", and the vilva leaves mislead me to think it was something about Shiva but didnt think it was the temple itself.
    the world heritage centre logo should have helped, though
    The recognized it as the Indus seal but nothing more from it
    The commandos and lotus I didnt get at all.

Will try harder the next one :)

Thanks for keeping us mentally agile

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

The objective was to let everyone read the entire Wiki page about Pashupathinath Temple on Maha Shivarathri. Commandos using the images of places around the Temple is mentioned there.

Viswa