Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Not just more puzzles but more sleuthing on the puzzler-maker as well. As I mentioned, there's no way "search: cat, printer" will reveal the answer but when you "search: history, cat, printer" Google Search Engine returns you the direct hit. I am not advocating shortcuts here but a certain context to be applied on the puzzle which earlier I was also faltering on. Also, I don't think it is a crooked approach to sneak in a sliver of the profile of the maker itself onto the puzzle smart search. Recasting the clues in the light of the answer is a different hard ball!

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Iravati

I couldn't agree more. But I had to admit that I learned from others to post a puzzle after checking how the puzzle key search guides towards a direct answer.

I assume Soka took into account his verbal (about the history) in the puzzle also as a tool we need to use to solve the puzzle. Is that right, Soka?

Note: Stick images threw me out. But I have to make a confession that I try to solve every puzzle with original images not additional clues. Soka told me I should have asked for more clues instead of giving up and he is right.

Viswa

3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

A picture that has something to do with Higgs Boson would have been slightly more facilitating. But the man never compromises his enigmatic charm in setting puzzles to an auteur standard.

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I test out search-terms based on the pics + text in a few dfferent ways. Yes, 'history' was indeed one option.
    That was by design! :lol:
    Yes, original clues for the full challenge, but then I know that these can be interpreted in ten thousand ways, not all of them useful as @kaniths proved! Besides half the fun lies in puzzle-related conversation!! :blush:

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

:lol:
    It was mostly reverse for me. I had figured Acre already, it's a map spot after all. Then I decoded the stick man image keywords as space, earth, moon and mass. Soka in the OP did mention img 4 and 5 went together as a single term, so I tried the combo EarthAcre, SpaceAcre, MoonAcre and 'MassAcre'! And it figured as a valid keyword possibility, well actually as a valid English word too for that matter! :lol:

jskls likes this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Err.. Not to prove anything and all.. I had the answer already, yet I couldn't accept and had to complex the process as much I can. Say for example, because you responded,
    I even came up with 'weighing', 'scale' keywords and got lost looking for something historical in 'Long Acre' (UK)! :lol:

Well what I can say! That's the thing about me. I overthink! :blush:

7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Yes. We all do! The way I might conceive of a clue and the way you might read it can be very different. That's all I was trying to say! :grinning:

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Puzzle # 8108

upload_2018-2-8_9-16-43.png

What am I talking about?

Viswa

Attached Files:

jskls likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Soul’s formula

Viswamitra likes this.